Urgent: Encrypted Vault .kde files - Transition to UltraUV does not decrypt existing files

Trem
Go to solution Solved by roscolo,

How do I decrypt the .kde vault file and gain back access to my files? These usually open with the kaspersky software + a password but now there is no program that can open them to even decrypt the drive. This is very urgent as there are only 4 more days to resolve this before your 9/29 USA deadline.

Can you at least allow a reinstall to decrypt and then uninstall again?

6 hours ago, Trem said:

How do I decrypt the .kde vault file and gain back access to my files? These usually open with the kaspersky software + a password but now there is no program that can open them to even decrypt the drive. This is very urgent as there are only 4 more days to resolve this before your 9/29 USA deadline.

Can you at least allow a reinstall to decrypt and then uninstall again?

2 hours ago, Trem said:

This didn't work for me. It was uninstalled and doesn't let me redownload the installer from the site because I am in US

2 hours ago, Trem said:

Anyone else or mods have thoughts here please?

Hello @Trem

Welcome!

1.  Log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service - https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c/ph#contacts -> on the support page, select either Email or Chat, then fill in the template as shown; please include a *detailed history* -> clearly define, the issue is the Secret vault, it's not compatible with UAV conversion, data loss is imminent & it's urgent*
  2. *IF requesting Chat - ask the operator to email (you) a copy of the chat transcript *before* ending the chat - otherwise (you'll) have no record of the chat*
  3. *Post back the incident request number please? 

image.thumb.png.a300327db4f5883ed7e41fd24e54c859.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Hi Flood,

When I try to submit a chat/email request, after hitting "submit" it just reroutes me back to the original request page. Chat / email doesn't work or seems down. Tried using different browsers and same result. Any idea here?

Tried on my phone as well and same result 

Edited by Trem
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Trem said:

When I try to submit a chat/email request, after hitting "submit" it just reroutes me back to the original request page. Chat / email doesn't work or seems down. Tried using different browsers and same result. Any idea here?

Tried on my phone as well and same result 

Hello @Trem

Thank you for posting back & the information!

Post a full-screen screen-print of the page please - including the URL? 

***Additional @Trem

Using the solution shared by @roscolo, go to: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product - scroll down to lower portion of the page & see KTS can be updated from there? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Additional - https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product