upgrade or uninstall Kaspersky Safe Kid error because of wrong password

Bertrand

Hello,

When i try to upgrade from 1.0.1.371 to last version, i have to fill email and password,and then the system told that email pr password is wrong.

It’s the same with uninstall task.

I’m sure that password end email are ok bacause i used it to website kaspsersky account.

the computer is Windows 10 Family 1909.

Thanks for you help.

Hello @Bertrand,

Welcome!

• 1 Version 1.0.1.371 is quite old🤔 , please go to Windows, Programs & Features, Kaspersky Safe Kids (see my example image) take a screen shot & post back please?

• 2 Are any other applications active when the “email or password is wrong” error happens?
  • 3 Are you signed in with the Administrator account on the W10 computer?

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello,

1- Yes it's an old version, i've installed a log time ago. below a screenshot of control panel. I wonder why the date is Aug 2019… :

Login error :

2 - I've tried with no application opened, with firewall diasbled, but it doesn't change anything. SafeKids1.0.1 service is stopped.

3 - I’ve got admin privilege with my windows account. I’ve tried also “runs as admin” with setup_1.0.5.1360.exe

Thanks for your help
Bertrand.

Hello @Bertrand,

You’re most welcome!

Thank you for the information & the images👏

• 1 Select Mot de passe oublie? / Forgot your password?

• 2 A browser should automatically open, at the My.Kaspersky.com portal, with a Reset password popup

• 3 Enter the email address you use to sign into your My.Kaspersky.com account & your Kaspersky Community account. 
  • 4 A Password reset link will be sent to that email address.

Let us know the outcome please?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello,

I’ve done it before and it didn’t worked.

I did it once again with same result. My new password is ok on kaspersky website from firefox, but looks wrong when upgrading software.

Is the mail address used at the first installation is stored on the computer, so i could check that the mail address is the good one ?

Hello @Bertrand

• When the My.Kaspersky account was created, that’s the email address, it’s also the same email address that would have been when the software license was purchased. 

Other options are: 

1. Create a System Restore point - Windows 10
  2. After creating a restore point, run the removal tool: 
  3. Download the tool using this link , read the guide on how to use the tool.
  4. If you downloaded the tools in a ZIP archive, extract the files. Double-click the file to run it. 
  5. Remove the KSK application detected by the tool.
  6. Type the characters from the image and click Remove.
  7. Wait until the removal is completed and restart the PC.

Please let us know the outcome?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳