Upgrade from KES11.6 to 11.7 installation issues

Go to solution Solved by Ian_D,

When wanting to start the deployment to upgrade 11.6 installed clients to version 11.7 it fails with the message that the computer must be restarted before installation. Using KSC or a development package this message comes up. I have tried to restart several computers multiple times but this keeps coming backup. 

I tested the KAVRemover tool and after that rebooted the computer and installed from a deployment package and that seems to work but I hope I am not required to do all these computers the manual route so I hope that there is a solution?

Thank you in advance,

Jeffrey

• Solution

Hi Jeffrey, 

Prior to performing the upgrade, were the machines patched with the latest Windows Updates? If yes, the situation you are facing is likely related to the issue detailed here -  https://support.kaspersky.com/15819

If you feel that you are experiencing this issue, please contact your local support so as to stay informed when a fix becomes available. 

@Jeffrey_IMDS - You are welcome. The article I provided has been updated to include a Microsoft KB that affects Windows 8.1 should you have any devices running that OS.

As to your question, we do not currently have any official statement available, but it is my understanding that Microsoft will be releasing a new KB to resolve the issue. I would recommend open a support incident with your local Kaspersky Support team in order to stay informed of the fix being released and any subsequent steps required. 

Hi @Ian_D, Microsoft has released a preview update KB5007253 to resolve the issue.

It is not yet available in WSUS but we manually imported it into WSUS and tested the update on a few clients. From our testing it seems to work great and Kaspersky will successfully update to 11.7.

Edit: We are running Windows 10 21H2, 21H1 and 20H2.