Updated to KIS 2020 [20.0.14.1085(a) went flawlessly and kept all my settings from KIS 2019 without any issues as KIS 2020 installed directly over KIS 2019.

We are happy to share this experience ;) But i recommend and also other people from KL recommends uninstall old version restrt pc and then install and update new version (required once again restart). This clean install method i use many years without problems.

We are happy to share this experience ;) But i recommend and also other people from KL recommends uninstall old version restrt pc and then install and update new version (required once again restart). This clean install method i use many years without problems.
I agree you can use your method but I've been using my method since 2012 without any issues and prefer it as it only requires one PC restart.

Updated to KIS 2020 [20.0.14.1085(a)
Hello BinBin1, We're glad it was a seamless update. May I ask please, have you done a manual or automatic database update? KTS & KCS 20.0.14.1085 are on patch(b), it may be KIS is only up to patch(a):thinking: I can see you included a reboot, if the db update hasn't happened it would be good to do that too. Best regards. (Maybe another KIS Community member will confirm their KIS patch (x)? )

When you say Restart the computer, I can do a Restart or a complete Shutdown and then restart the PC. Which route should I go? I am running Windows 10 Pro, version 1803 at present as I have not yet been updated to version 1809 by Microsoft.

OK. Will do a complete shutdown and restart, see what happens and let you know.
Hello BinBin1, Best practice standard for all software that has major responsibility "functions" in computer, is, to apply the update, reboot using "shutdown", when device is fully powered off, press power button to restart, login, make sure updated software is running, in the case of Kaspersky software, after a new patch or version, run a manual database update, allow dbu to complete, run a manual full scan. Best regards.

Great to hear! I was tempted to go this route myself but decided to uninstall it and do a clean install. Either method is fine as long as the end result is the same. :relaxed: I just got patch C today for KTS 2020! :metal:

This is the best way for me also and safe way, and you will avoid problems that can appear

But the 2019 app will update to 2020 at some stage during the update process right?
Hello GunnzAkimbo,
  1. For major version updates, a notification alert should be visible in your Kaspersky application software.
For example - the shield may be colour other than gr??n, similar to my image
  1. Selecting "DETAILS" will provide full notification information
  1. & in the "Notification" centre, there should be a notification similar to this:
  1. The rollout of major versions is staggered, as we don't know your location we cannot guide you as far as a "date" to expect 2020 release in your region, however, if you post back we can let you know.
  1. When the major version update is available, to apply the update, always follow best practice procedures, as advised earlier in this post, by Schulte & me.
Thank you.

When I installed KIS version 20.0.14.1085 (a), Kaspersky Secure Connection was also installed. While I understand the reason for its installation, it is why KIS version 20.0.14.1085 (a) would not update beyond 20.0.14.1085 (a). Once I deleted the Kaspersky Secure Connection program, KIS updated itself to 20.0.14.1085 (c) automatically. Now the question is: do I really need the Kaspersky Secure Connection program? Tell me what you think.

it is why KIS version 20.0.14.1085 (a) would not update beyond 20.0.14.1085 (a). Do I really need the Kaspersky Secure Connection program?Kaspersky Secure Connection program?
HelloBinBin1,
  1. We're very pleased to hear patch(c) has been applied:thumbsup_tone3: .
KSC/vpn - should NOT prevent an update, however, if KSC/VPN was active and the traffic was rerouted via a location, not in your region, Kaspersky software may have identified a "region" issue and not proceeded with the patch update. IF this happened, it's "unusual".
  1. It would've been interesting to see if disabling KSC/vpn allowed the update, rather than deleting.
  2. Re: "Do I really need?", there's no way to answer that definitely, it's far better for you to read about KSC/VPN and make your judgement based on an informed decision.
The KSC/VPN, that comes pre-installed with KIS software and the free standalone version offer 200 > 300mb, free data daily, for data allowance greater than 300+ daily, it's necessary to pay for a separate annual licence, there are 18 server locations, any rerouting of traffic may impact n/w response times. What I (think of) KSC/VPN will be different for everybody. Best regards:pray_tone3:! KSC/VPN help docs: https://help.kaspersky.com/KSDE/Win4.0/en-US/126993.htm

I agree you can use your method but I've been using my method since 2012 without any issues and prefer it as it only requires one PC restart.
:) Wihout any issues? Still happy with your upgrade method?? This is what i mention!!! BUT people don't listen and that's how it looks... Clean install is always BEST because it is clean. (no leftovers)

But the 2019 app will update to 2020 at some stage during the update process right?
Hello GunnzAkimbo,
  1. For major version updates, a notification alert should be visible in your Kaspersky application software.
For example - the shield may be colour other than gr??n, similar to my image
  1. Selecting " DETAILS" will provide full notification information
  1. & in the "Notification" centre, there should be a notification similar to this:
  1. The rollout of major versions is staggered, as we don't know your location we cannot guide you as far as a "date" to expect 2020 release in your region, however, if you post back we can let you know.
  1. When the major version update is available, to apply the update, always follow best practice procedures, as advised earlier in this post, by Schulte & me.
Thank you.
I follow what you posted and i'm in Australia. I'm fine with 2019 and will just wait for the rollout.

Added the Kaspersky Secure Connection Program and all seems good for now. Thanks FLOOD!. BTW, is there a way to change my sign-in password?
Hello BinBin1, ?:pray_tone3:Delighted to hear everything is as you wish, thank you for letting us know:thumbsup_tone3: By "signin password", do you mean to your MyKaspersky account? If it is, and you can sign in, to change, go to: https://my.kaspersky.com/dashboard#/(modal:myaccount/changePassword)
  1. If it's another password, please post back so we can help?
Best regards!