unprotected pc during brand new windows install. being infected during Kaspersky or windows update installation

Pierre

unprotected pc during brand new windows install. being infected during Kaspersky or windows update installation Hello I've bought a second hand PC running with windows 7 I've reinstalled windows with hidden partition and then, kaspersky antivirus with a link from my account. Internet connection is running through a RJ 45 cable connected to my router I've read in some internet security news paper that an unprotected pc may be infected by a worm within minutes. But installing kaspersky and all its update database, and all windows updates take a while. May I be infected during this time, or I am over anxious ?? second question : Can I download kaspersky and its update database from another pc for an offline installation on this pc ? I didn't find a way for it. Of course i didn't really use this pc nor surf to internet. Just after loading windows I only surfed another to internet to get another update browser (firefox). windows firewall was all time activated. big thanx for your advises and your comments

• 7 months later...

Hello @Pierre 

Sorry for dalay for a long time. Maybe we lost your topic that time. Now we have reviewed it.

For the first question: installing threats datebase will unload engine to update database file and re-create engine cache. But this time is very short. So there is a high probability that you will not encounter malicious programs.

For the second question: You can use this tool to download product database update and do a offline updater which is very suitable for you.

Regards.