Unmanageable amount of objects to resolve

JB1

I am running Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 21.3.10.391 (i) on Windows 11 and recently was alerted that my 'Protection is at risk'. I clicked on 'Details' and discovered that Kaspersky had detected over 100,000 suspicious objects! (see screenshots). My problem is that I cannot simply click on 'Resolve all' as it would take a decade to resolve all of those objects. Anyone got any advice? Support wasn't too helpful, they just told me to 'Resolve all' but that just isn't practicable. I ran a quick scan and it came up clean, but a full scan takes hours and hours, and I gave up on 35%. Is there any way out of this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Other than that my PC seems okay, and I took it in to a computer repair place and they scanned and cleaned it out - but Kaspersky is struggling with these other items.

Screenshot 2022-07-06 220536.jpg

Screenshot 2022-07-06 220605.jpg

Screenshot 2022-07-06 220623.jpg

Hello @JB1

Welcome!

1. What happens when you select Resolve against one detected object only - does it resolve
  2. Go to KAV Reports, Detected objects, save the report as a text file (top right hand corner of the Report app), just save for a 24hr/1day period, upload the saved text file to cloud, & post the share link please? 

Thank you?

Flood? +?

Thanks for the reply.

1. Yes, it resolves. Actually, it recommends deletion which I can do successfully. 

2. I see the reports, but not Detected objects?

Thanks again.

56 minutes ago, JB1 said:

1. Yes, it resolves. Actually, it recommends deletion which I can do successfully. 

2. I see the reports, but not Detected objects?

Hello @JB1

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the information!

1. Excellent, well done?
  2. Apologies, that was meant to be File Anti-virus, (the Detected objects), that you've shown in your screen image, clearly we do not need a text file with 100973 entries, just the first 100 entries please?
  3. Confirm please, are all the detected objects in the same C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3 ... path ?

Thank you?

Flood? +?

2 hours ago, harlan4096 said:

Pause temporally K. protection and disable temporally Kaspersky Self-Defence... delete objects, re-enable both.

Where do I delete them from?

4 hours ago, JB1 said:

2. This is what is shown for yesterday.

3. Yes, pretty sure all the paths are the same.

image.thumb.jpeg.e5923365df21c0dc0121ab70934f874a.jpeg

4 hours ago, JB1 said:

P.S. I am going through the painfully slow process of 'Resolve all'. But there has to be a better way?

1 hour ago, JB1 said:

Where do I delete them from?

Hello @JB1

We don't expect you to select 'Resolve all" || the jpg image file you've uploaded is impossible to see.

?Save the File Anti-virus detected objects report - as a text file, so we can see the data, upload to cloud & post the share link please? 

image.thumb.png.32fd8f55287bdb444d09c1126b2ea209.png

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

image.thumb.jpeg.d561f3bb8a24cc38e264163ceedfbd67.jpeg

3 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hi, here is a screenshot. I don't know how to upload to cloud.

JB.

Hello @JB1

We don't expect you to select 'Resolve all" || the jpg image file you've uploaded is impossible to see.

?Save the File Anti-virus detected objects report - as a text file, so we can see the data, upload to cloud & post the share link please? 

image.thumb.png.32fd8f55287bdb444d09c1126b2ea209.png

image.thumb.jpeg.d561f3bb8a24cc38e264163ceedfbd67.jpeg

Hello @JB1

Thank you for the image! 

1. It does not have any of the detected objects?
  2. Our primary concern is to only delete detected objects; above in answer to Q.3, you said "pretty sure all the paths are the same"; that's not "yes, 100%, the path to the detected objects is XYZ."
  3. Can you please show us the report, showing the full path of the detected objects, don't truncate it in any way!
  4. Note: the columns in the report can be manipulated - rightclick in the column headings fields, watch our video. 
  5. Upload report to cloud = any cloud service of your choice, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Mega Drive, Ice Drive. Have you never backed up any files to any cloud server, ever? 

Thank you?

Flood? +?

14 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @JB1

Thank you for the image! 

1. It does not have any of the detected objects?
  2. Our primary concern is to only delete detected objects; above in answer to Q.3, you said "pretty sure all the paths are the same"; that's not "yes, 100%, the path to the detected objects is XYZ."
  3. Can you please show us the report, showing the full path of the detected objects, don't truncate it in any way!
  4. Note: the columns in the report can be manipulated - rightclick in the column headings fields, watch our video. 
  5. Upload report to cloud = any cloud service of your choice, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Mega Drive, Ice Drive. Have you never backed up any files to any cloud server, ever? 

hank you?

Flood? +?

1. This is not where Kaspersky is showing the detected objects. I have already shared a screenshot of the detected objects list. It only shows the first 7 entries.

2. Short of scrolling through all 100,000 plus instances, how would you expect me to give a definitive answer to that question? As far as I can tell they are all the same path.

Hello @JB1

1. IF, by, "I have already shared a screenshot of the detected objects list", you mean the first image you posted, we cannot see the full path of the folder. 
  2. Re: " This is not where Kaspersky is showing the detected objects.", apart from the fact we don't know what you mean, great, can you share the report so we can help you get the detected objects deleted? 

Thank you?

Flood? +?

Just now, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @JB1

1. IF, by, "I have already shared a screenshot of the detected objects list", you mean the first image you posted, we cannot see the full path of the folder. 
  2. Re: " This is not where Kaspersky is showing the detected objects.", apart from the fact we don't know what you mean, great, can you share the report so we can help you get the detected objects deleted? 

Thank you?

Flood? +?

1. Yes, I can't either and there is no way of expanding it.

2. No, I cannot. As I stated, it does not show these items in a report anywhere.

Hello @JB1

1. Ok, it's not possible to expand or manipulate any events in the KAV Notification center, the application does not work like that. 
  2. Ok, so if you search KAV Reports, with search filter Time = All, none of those detected objects show up, correct? 
  3. Is the KAV application still showing Protection is at risk

Please let us know? 

Thank you?

Flood? +?

Added Is the KAV application still showing Protection is at risk? 

10 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @JB1

1. Ok, it's not possible to expand or manipulate any events in the KAV Notification center, the application does not work like that. 
  2. Ok, so if you search KAV Reports, with search filter Time = All, none of those detected objects show up, correct? 
  3. Is the KAV application still showing Protection is at risk

Please let us know? 

Thank you?

Flood? +?

I hovered over the path and it showed the full path, if that helps (see attached).

2. Correct.

3. Yes.

Path.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hello @JB1

Thank you!

Please do the following:

1. Uncheck Self-Defense.
  2. On the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Pause protection, in the next window, select Pause, & then select Pause Protection, try to go to C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Temp\tempio & delete the contents of the tempio folder. 
  3. IF you're still unable to access C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Temp\tempio, run the computer in SAFE mode & delete the contents of tempio. 
  4. Return to Normal mode. 
  5. Resume Protection.
  6. Re-enable Self-Defense.
  7. Run a manual Database update. 
  8. Shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure Kav is running. 
  9. Run a Full scan - allow it to complete.
  10. Report any errors please? 

Thank you?

Flood? +?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @JB1

Thank you!

Please do the following:

1. Uncheck Self-Defense.
  2. On the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Pause protection, in the next window, select Pause, & then select Pause Protection, try to go to C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Temp\tempio & delete the contents of the tempio folder. 
  3. IF you're still unable to access C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Temp\tempio, run the computer in SAFE mode & delete the contents of tempio. 
  4. Return to Normal mode. 
  5. Resume Protection.
  6. Re-enable Self-Defense.
  7. Run a manual Database update. 
  8. Shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure Kav is running. 
  9. Run a Full scan - allow it to complete.
  10. Report any errors please? 

Thank you?

Flood? +?

Many thanks, this worked. Although after I deleted the contents of that folder Kaspersky still said there were 55,000 items to resolve. I clicked 'Resolve all' and left it to it. When I returned everything was back to normal with no security alerts :-).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JB1 said:
  1. Many thanks, this worked.
  2. After I deleted the contents of that folder Kaspersky still said there were 55,000 items to resolve.
  3. I clicked 'Resolve all' and left it to it. When I returned everything was back to normal with no security alerts :-).

Hello @JB1

You're most welcome!

• Re "After I deleted the contents of that folder Kaspersky still said there were 55,000 items to resolve", crikey, did you check the path of those objects by any chance - just curious? 
  •  We're delighted the issue is finally resolved?‍♂️ Good work?!!

Thank you?

Flood? +?

2 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @JB1

You're most welcome!

• Re "After I deleted the contents of that folder Kaspersky still said there were 55,000 items to resolve", crikey, did you check the path of those objects by any chance - just curious? 
  •  We're delighted the issue is finally resolved?‍♂️ Good work?!!

Thank you?

Flood? +?

I did check but that path no longer existed at that point as I had deleted the Tempio folder. Maybe just residual, unprocessed files? Thanks again.

3 minutes ago, JB1 said:

I did check but that path no longer existed at that point as I had deleted the Tempio folder. 

Hello @JB1

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back!

1. ?"Deleted the Tempio folder", oh no, why?
  2. Has the KAV app recreated it? 
  • Please let us know asap?

Thank you?

Flood? +?