unable to upgrade from Kes10sp2 to kes11.2

Go to solution Solved by Guest #37,

Hi,

I understand it's a community. But you guys are replying & providing resolution to everyone one except me. Is there is separate policy for me. Then what is the purpose of community? So in future I won't post any topic here. Please clarify.

BR

Hi,

Remember that Moderators don´t work for Kaspersky only  persons with "Kaspersky Employee" label.

I try to help everyone I can, in my free time, but obviously I can't help in all the cases.

The new KES v11.2 is still not available in Spanish (my mother language), at the moment I have not install in any computer.  I can´t help you with this new version.

But according to the error that you have uploaded, you have to decrypt the hard drives before removing or upgrading data encryption functionality.

Personal recommendation please update to KSC v11.0.0.1131 patch b.

Regards

• Solution

Hi,

As the article indicates:

Updating via the Kaspersky Lab update service
Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.2.0 for Windows can be installed via the Kaspersky update service.
You can update the following applications:
° Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows 11.0.1 (version 11.0.1.90)
° Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows 11.1.0 (version 11.1.0.15919)
° Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows 11.1.1 (version 11.1.1.126)

The auto upgrade (from KSC) is only possible if it is already in version 11. In addition, you can only update the version of KES with the device being encrypted with FDE from version 11. It is a new functionality that was introduced in this version. Also indicate that one thing is that you have the encryption modules installed (FDE or FLE) and another thing is that the disk is encrypted. One thing does not imply the other.

If you want to upgrade from the version of KES10 to KES11 you have to:

-Apply a decryption policy and wait for it to be decrypted
-Update to KES11
- Encrypt again with a KES11 directive

Once in KES11, in theory, it is possible to update the KES11 version without decrypting.

Regards