Unable to log into My Kaspersky. Getting the error "Unable to connect to server" Mac Mojave. [Closed]

Jeana
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Unable to log into My Kaspersky. Getting the error "Unable to connect to server". This is happening on a fresh install of OS X Mojave. No other programs installed.
Hello Jeana Welcome! Please tell us:
  1. Mojave version release number ?
  2. KIS: (a) free? or licensed? {see note at the end of my reply} (b) version? (c) patch(x)? x=letter
  3. Browser name and version?
  4. Is MyKaspersky.com the only site that generates "Unable to connect to server" error?
  5. Please detail why Mojave was a fresh install? Was Mojave (re)installed/refreshed due to issues?
  6. Were you able to log into MyKaspersky.com, before installing or reinstalling Mojave?
  7. Has KIS been reinstalled since installing/reinstalling Mojave?
  8. If the system is run in Single Usermode, does "Unable to connect to server" error repeat?
  9. Has Mac been fully shutdown, powered off/off since installing/reinstalling Mojave?
Please let us know? Thank you. Note: Kaspersky free software has (config) limitations, advertising & no Technical Support. If we know this, we ensure we never waste your time, advising you, for example: "contact Technical Support".

This happens on other versions of Mac OS X. I am attempting to try this on an version of Yosemite as well. It's a licensed product. Its not happening in a browser. It's happening in the application. Its not happening on a site its the app. The reinstall of Mojave isn't relevant. For real. I've seen another user with this same issue. Once the app is installed on a Mac it will not work until you connect it to My Kapersky. Inside the app it WILL NOT connect to a server to authenticate the app. Until this happens the app is useless. Version is 20.0.0.829. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application and the issue continues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
This happens on other versions of Mac OS X. I am attempting to try this on an version of Yosemite as well. It's a licensed product. Its not happening in a browser. It's happening in the application. Its not happening on a site its the app. The reinstall of Mojave isn't relevant. For real. I've seen another user with this same issue. Once the app is installed on a Mac it will not work until you connect it to My Kapersky. Inside the app it WILL NOT connect to a server to authenticate the app. Until this happens the app is useless. Version is 20.0.0.829. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application and the issue continues.
Hello Jeana, Thanks for replying.
  1. Re Yosemite - please check: KIS for Mac - Hardware and software requirements
--- For Mojave:
  1. If the system is run in Single User mode, does "Unable to connect to server" error repeat, when MyKaspersky is accessed from KIS application.
  2. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled KIS, following Install and uninstall KIS for MacOs procedures?
  3. If yes, please enable Traces, replicate the issue, turn off Traces, upload Traces using the Upload icon in your reply.
  4. Please collect KL Logs Gather tool for Mac OS (OS X), upload logs using the Upload icon in your reply
  1. Alternatively, you may wish to consult Kaspersky Technical Support, who will also request traces run when the issue is replicated and logs.
Thank you.