Unable to change settings due to forgetting password

UglyBoy
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi all. I am trying to access my Kaspersky settings but for some reason, none of the passwords I use are being accepted. i have tried searching online for help with this but I cannot find any info. I can log into my online account, but I cannot save any modifications to the settings in the app without my password. I can't even unistall it without the password. Could someone please help me with this.

image.thumb.png.6b732169655896105f93036b29b89016.png

• Solution

Hello @UglyBoy

Welcome!

1. Follow: I forgot my password. What should I do? -> use password reset tool, KLPAR, make sure the Safe Mode steps are followed. 
  2. After you've cleared the password, you can create a new password or not use a password, it's your choice, refer: Password protection window & How to password-protect access to the application management functions

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added resources
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @UglyBoy

Welcome!

1. Follow: I forgot my password. What should I do? -> use password reset tool, KLPAR, make sure the Safe Mode steps are followed. 
  2. After you've cleared the password, you can create a new password or not use a password, it's your choice, refer: Password protection window & How to password-protect access to the application management functions

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Cheers. The link you gave sent me to the same page I looked at earlier, the difference is that this time, I clicked on the link that said "below" and that opened up the step by step guide to resolve this. could be something Kaspersky could look at as the page isn't too intuative for people like myself. they could add a "click this link to see instructions"

• Thanks 1