Unable to block discord app on windows 10

thomas92filler

Hello

I have been using KSK to control my kid’s pc usage during online classes.

However my kid’s pc already have discord installed prior to KSK.

Now when i try to search for discord in the App Monitoring page, the discord app won’t show up.

I have already change application categories for communication to forbidden, yet discord still auto launches everytime the pc is on.

Is there any way to block the discord app on the pc?

Hello @thomas92filler

Welcome!

1. Which Windows version & build, refer: How to find the version & build of your operating system
  2. Which KSK versionpatch(x), patch = letter, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  3. In Windows, Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features, is Discord actually showing as an installed app? 
  4. Does the following path exist: C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Discord ?   || Note: USER = your name or your child’s name
  5. Disable Discord auto-run, in Task-manager, select Startup tab, rightclick all Discord processes, select Disable.
  6. Delete Discord cache, use keyboard shortcut: Windows +R  then type   %appdata% , in the AppData Roaming folder, right-click the Discord folder, select Delete.
  7. Again use the Windows + R keys, type %LocalAppData% and press the Enter key, find the Discord folder, select Delete
  8. Restart the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login with the KSK child profile, does Discord start? 
  9. IF “yes”, run CCleaner, Registry, Scan for issues, select Review selected issues, select YES to the Backup registry prompt, save the Registry config, then select Fix all selected issues, rerun the CCleaner, Registry, Scan for issues procedure several times until there’s 0 or only 1 issue. 

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋