turn on web activities monitoring in Kaspersky safe kid but cannot access netflix

Hocnv

I am using Kaspersky safe kid. When I turn on web activities monitoring, my kids can not load film on netflix, they can login, select film but it is loading film forever and they can not watch any film.

Please help

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response, my answers are below

1. 14 years old, profile on netflix is about 16+

2. Windows 7

3.  Google Chrome

4. All films are available for their ages, They can not watch any film

5. Yes, when they selected  the film, netflix opened the film but the sand clock spinned forever.

One more thing, if I turn off the monitoring mode, everthing is fine

Hello @Hocnv,

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for the information & image👌

• We do understand when Web activity monitoring is OFF, everything is fine✅
  • ➡ Have you tried adding a Netflix Allowed exclusion → image3? 
  • To assist us test the issue specific to your exact circumstances, it will really help if we have some film names please?
  • Check if the same issue happens in other supported browsers:
  1. Mozilla Firefox ?
  2. Microsoft Edge Chromium ?
  3. Microsoft Internet Explorer ?

To confirm your information:

• 🅰 Based on child born 2006,  KSK Web activity monitoring, Restrictions for website categories is as shown in image1?
  • 🅱 Netflix, when we select Kids profile, it shows for age 12 & under → image2, please let us know how you’ve configured Netflix, an image will help please? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Hocnv,

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for the information & images👌

• We’re unable to replicate the issue, we configured Netflix age profile 15+ → image1, The umbrella academy is rated 15+ → image2, no Netflix Allowed exclusion was applied, movie played without any issues → images 3, 4, 5, KSK Summary report → image6

1. In all browsers are there any Ad blocking & or privacy extensions installed & enabled?
  2. If Incognito browser is selected, are the children still unable to watch Netflix? 
  3. Check KSK version is 1.0.5.61239[e] → image7
  4. Confirm PC meets the system requirements, including all Windows updates applied successfully. 
  5. Uninstall KSK, follow the documentation carefully, at the completion of the uninstall, shutdown the PC using Shutdown, not Restart, power PC on, login
  6. Download & clean install KSK, follow the documentation carefully; configure KSK → recheck issue🤔
  • If it persists, and if KSK is licensed, log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, on the contacts page, select your Location, select Application use, select from available options: ONLINE CHAT (not available all locations) PHONE (not available all locations), SUBMIT A REQUEST - via your MyKaspersky account; Support may request a GSI & Windows Logs, they may also request KSK traces run as the issue is replicated, they will step you thru the collection of these if required. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Hocnv,

Welcome back!

• Netflix is a subscription site, Electronic Commerce Category, KSK blocks accordingly → image 1 & 2
  • If you wish for Netflix to be available, your child can request Permission → image 1 & or add an Allowed exclusion → image 3, 4, result → image 5

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 4 months later...

I have the exact same problem.  When my daughter attempted to watch Netflix shows on her laptop, they hung forever with the spinning Kaspersky traffic light icon in the centre.

She had no warnings on screen, and I had no alerts or notifications showing in the safe kids app.

Adding www.netflix.com and https://www.netflix.com to the exclusions list had no effect, neither did rebooting the laptop.  To get it working I had to turn off web monitoring for her account in safe kids.

As mentioned in this thread, we don’t have any restrictions set on this laptop, it’s monitoring only, yet for some reason it’s suddenly started preventing Netflix from opening.  She’s used Netflix many times in the past on this laptop, so something has changed recently.

I have the exact same problem.  When my daughter attempted to watch Netflix shows on her laptop, they hung forever with the spinning Kaspersky traffic light icon in the centre. She had no warnings on screen, and I had no alerts or notifications showing in the safe kids app. Adding www.netflix.com and https://www.netflix.com to the exclusions list had no effect, neither did rebooting the laptop.  To get it working I had to turn off web monitoring for her account in safe kids. As mentioned in this thread, we don’t have any restrictions set on this laptop, it’s monitoring only, yet for some reason it’s suddenly started preventing Netflix from opening.  She’s used Netflix many times in the past on this laptop, so something has changed recently.

Hello @myxiplx

Welcome!

1. Which KSK version & patch(x) is installed →  on the Windows Taskbar, right click the Kaspersky icon, select About 
  2. Your daughter’s age? 
  3. Re “we don’t have any restrictions set on this laptop, it’s monitoring only”, explain please, which web categories are configured?
  4. Post an image of KSK web monitoring screens please? 
  5. Is there any other Kaspersky software installed? 
  6. Has an uninstall & clean install → with a new installer, been done?
  7. Is KSK Premium or Free? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋