Turn Off Notifications

Hi,

I recently switched from McAfee to Kaspersky for the main reason that I couldn't turn off McAfee's marketing notifications. From the bit of research I did it seemed that Kaspersky doesn't pester users with constant notifications. Now that I have Kaspersky installed I have all notifications disabled from the settings and it still manages to send me notifications about features I haven't enabled. I really don't want to disable notifications at a system level for my antivirus. Is there another way to disable these unhelpful pop-ups? If not I'll have to ditch Kaspersky while I can still get a refund.

Thanks,

J

Hello,

You can disable most feature or reminder notifications like so:

NVIDIA_Share_1k3wlb6WFA.thumb.png.d314f1f72ee75c3c425414fa348c883f.pngNVIDIA_Share_h5kqowDL2H.thumb.png.7f1f4736d6942fc04180c70eb2990c8b.png

Kaspersky also has a dedicated Game mode and Do Not Disturb mode.

Application functionality notifications such as threat detections etc. are still enabled and can be configured under Settings -> Interface settings -> Notification settings.

Edited by Crylune
removed quote

Hi there,

You can make the K very quiet on notifications indeed, although if your goal is to turn it all off -- I found that difficult. If Kaspersky reads this somewhat -- a user switchable "presenter mode/absolutely no notification" would be smart.

Cheers,
m.

Edited by mokaz
  • Like 1