Time limit no longer working/my son figured out a way to play forever...!

momtokid2125

I am lost, my son figured out a way to override the time limit. He is honest, so he told me how to do this....When time limit is getting close, pop up appears and he keeps clicking it like crazy and somehow it let him keep using the computer (desk top). What can I do to fix this? Do I need to install some other kids safe program?.....I am getting real tired to figure this out please help me. Kids are getting smarter than me....

my son figured out a way to override the time limit. He is honest, so he told me how to do this. When time limit is getting close, pop up appears and he keeps clicking it like crazy and somehow it let him keep using the computer (desk top). What can I do to fix this?
Hello momtokid2125, Welcome! Please tell us:
  1. KSK version?
  2. Is KSK updating automatically?
  3. Do you use KSK Premium, or Free?
  4. There's more than one "Time" notification.
  5. Please post an image of the actual popup your son is "outsmarting".
Please post back? Thank you. Device use - Time feature: Select how device use will be limited. Automatically warn (your child) when the limit is reached or block the device. Simply limit daily use or create a detailed schedule. Time limit by Schedule is only available in KSK premium.

1. KSK version? I dont know
  2. Is KSK updating automatically? I dont know
  3. Do you use KSK Premium, or Free? As I have read this, I realized and checked my purchase and I was using free versions. So I just purchased for $14.99 tonight and installed the new version. But even when it was free, it used to just turned off after time limit was reached. so I dont know why it was no longer doing that. Well....I will find out by tomorrow night if my child can or can not over ride the time limit.
  4. Yes, I was choosing time limit feture
  5. There's more than one "Time" notification.
  6. Please post an image of the actual popup your son is "outsmarting". Ok, I will definitely try to do that after the $ 14.99 purchase doesnt work. Pop up was just the time limit reached and count down , he said he kept clicking that ....
Please post back? Anyway, thank you for the all above advice at least I am trying something I can. I will update as soon as tomorrow night! Cant wait to see what happens when my son use the desk top!!!! Thanks

Hello momtokid2125, Thank you for posting back. I do appreciate all your efforts:pray_tone3:
  1. From your post 14 hours ago, I've setup time notifications when time limit / device use is about to expire - those notifications allow for the child to request more time.
  2. If your son is clicking on "request more time" that's exactly what will happen, KSK will extend the time. That's not your son outsmarting KSK, that's a feature of KSK.
  1. Is KSK configured to "block" or "warn"?
  2. Are you using an "age" template as well? For example have you selected any "child is in x age group" settings?
  3. When you can, please post the notifications images so we can "see" where the problem is?
  1. In the meantime I'll create some images to help guide (you) with KSK.
Thanks again

Hello, Im not good at this but I can at least let you know what happened so far. This morning he did notice something looked different (he told me) I did set up from my desktop kaspersky to limit 15minutes for today and block usage. But when I checked from my android phone (this morning after my son left to school) usage report showed 35minutes.... I finally decided to check on android phone kaspersky app how it was set up ,blocked or warning. It said "warning". My son must some how changed to that inspite of I originally set up with" block". But the funny thin g is that My desk top was showing "block" setting all along . Anyway, new thing I did is DEFINATELY changed to "block". So we shall see if this works or not. this is too much stress and work since I dont know much about tequ stuff. I just want to hire someone to do all this for me.:tired_face:

Hello momtokid2125, Let's deal important stuff, your stress & work, we're here to help, please relax, I don't believe your son is being "dishonest" & or crafty. This morning, after I turfed my kid out of the house, I changed: KSK, Device Time of Use to 15 minutes, Warn
  1. When the 15 minutes is close to expiry the following WARNING popup notification displays:
  1. At the end of the set time for Device Time of Use - the following popup notification displays:
  1. Note Ignore, child simply clicks Ignore ONCE, any Device Time of Use settings are no longer referred to by KSK application.
----
  1. In MyKaspersky (web portal), KSK Notifications, the following is received:
My child profile name (X) , PC (Desktop), Sep 19, 08:34 AM (X) exceeded the daily limit for the PC (Desktop) device use. ---- I'll repeat the exercise this afternoon, using BLOCK & post again. Best regards.

Hi, nice of you to reply and pitch in. Well...new thing happening . As of this morning it is changed to "BLOCK" setting. I was EXCITED for him to come home(not usually ). He used computer, it did block after set time. Then I saw him using it AAGAIN!!!!! He is only 10ysold, so he is more proud of the fact he was able. He said, "I just turn it off and log back on", I say no way it will work that way,.....Guess what I just made him to log back on and yes, it works despite of he has been on for total of 3.5hrs!!! Please let me know if your kid or you are able to do that also. I want to know if its just my computer or not. Thanks

Hi, nice of you to reply and pitch in. Well...new thing happening . As of this morning it is changed to "BLOCK" setting. I was EXCITED for him to come home(not usually ). He used computer, it did block after set time. Then I saw him using it AAGAIN!!!!! He is only 10ysold, so he is more proud of the fact he was able. He said, "I just turn it off and log back on", I say no way it will work that way,.....Guess what I just made him to log back on and yes, it works despite of he has been on for total of 3.5hrs!!! Please let me know if your kid or you are able to do that also.. I want to know if its just my computer or not.
Hello momtokid2125, I'm very happy to help. I know how hard it is to work out these apps. Remember none of us were any good at anything, when we first started ANYTHING. Me for example, when I was first learning to walk, had to get lots of practice before I nailed it. Using technology is no different. And, there's more pressure on parents as we want to keep the kids safe, teach them responsible device/application use, not deprive them, but at the same time, not allow them complete free reign. So, again, another afternoon of testing. How KSK is SUPPOSED to work, IF the kids uses ALL allocated time, REBOOTS computer, when the computer restarts, he will be able to login, however, within a minute KSK will pop an ALERT (see image) Then, IF KSK is working properly, son "Requests more time", Parent grants request or not, if the answer is "NO", no computer access. --- The things we need to check, consider:
  1. (1) On the PC, how is your son's WINDOWS account configured?
Go to, Windows, Settings, User accounts: > How many Windows accounts are setup? > How is each account configured?
  1. When son is logged into the computer is he logged in as HIS CHILD account?
  2. (2) Go to your MyKaspersky account, KSK Notifications, copy ALL notifications for the last 24 hours, paste them to a text document, upload the text document to cloud & pm me the link OR paste the output direct into a PM to me please?
***Don't upload the KSK Notifications to this post please***
  1. (3) Can you please set the device time of use to 15 minutes, log onto the computer (as your child), start a Utube video, anything, let it run for 15 minutes. KSK time expiry alert will happen, LOG OFF computer, REBOOT computer = FULL POWER OFF, restart computer, log on again (as your child) & take a photo of the KSK alert that shows please?
Please post back? Thank you:pray_tone3:.

(1) On the PC, how is your son's WINDOWS account configured? My name is main. it should only myself as family acct. Below it it said "other" and his name was there as local acct. I don't know what all that means but his name was not listed as part of family with mine working on next question next but before that this morning I set it up for just few minutes instead of 15min. From android phone app, I was able to do like 3minutes limit. he was not able to log back in and did show the exact screen shot as you mentiond. So for this morning it worked. But the thing is, last night he was on it 3.5hrs. so he definitely was able to exceed the amount of time. Ok I will hesitantly work on copy notification now...wish me luck I am not sure if I even know how to do that....

(1) On the PC, how is your son's WINDOWS account configured? My name is main. it should only myself as family acct. Below it it said "other" and his name was there as local acct. I don't know what all that means but his name was not listed as part of family with mine working on next question next but before that this morning I set it up for just few minutes instead of 15min. From android phone app, I was able to do like 3 minutes limit. he was not able to log back in and did show the exact screen shot as you mentioned. So for this morning it worked. But the thing is, last night he was on it 3.5hrs. so he definitely was able to exceed the amount of time. Ok I will hesitantly work on copy notification now...wish me luck I am not sure if I even know how to do that....
Hello momtokid2125, Thanks for persisting with this, it's a steep learning curve but worth it & you're doing great! I had a quick look at the PM, there's a lot there, it will take me a while to go through. To address the Windows accounts.
  1. There should be a parent account = you, the parent account has higher privileges.
  2. You son must only have a standard account.
  3. Can you screen print the accounts, upload to cloud & PM the link please? Please don't post the account images to your post.
  4. Regarding your son exceeding the device Time of Use for 3.5 hours, I do not doubt the information. The answer may be in the "notifications", if I find it I will certainly tell you.
  5. Just to really test the solution, please ask your son to do everything he can to override KSK, (apart from accessing the computer under your profile:wink:) I know you'll let me know if he finds a way.
Thanks again.