The sensitive issue of keeping activity logs in Kaspersky Secure Connection.

I would like to know if Kaspersky holds logs of our browsing activity. I noticed that it maintains an activation file in which the time as well as the selected country is accurately recorded. Do you think this is acceptable? Is anonymity protected? I would be grateful if I had your opinion.

I have been a user of Kaspersky Internet Security and Kaspersky Secure Connection for many years.

Thank you very much for your attention .

Hello @Ariaki,

Welcome!

The topic is interesting🙂👍 , however, the Community is made up of users of Kaspersky software (like you) , all who give their time freely, to help other Community members (like you). There's a small team of Kaspersky employees - all of whom are clearly identifiable, bc, their profile shows "Kaspersky Lab Employee". For the most part, & from my observations, the willing helpers engage in providing technical analysis to address technical issues.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 

Resources:

About Kaspersky Secure Connection

KASPERSKY LAB PRIVACY POLICY

KSDE EULA attached

Hi, Flood,

I'm still waiting for an answer from Kaspersky’s Data Protection Officer and, apparently, I won't have it. Because, in the meantime, I did a little research on the subject and I got some not good information about KSC’ logs keeping poilicy.

If you could please, do have a look: https_://www.vpnmentor.com/reviews/kaspersky-secure-connection/    (Does Kaspersky Secure Connection Keep Logs?) Please read the entire paragraph 5 carefully.

I would be grateful if I had your opinion.

Yours, Ariaki

Hello @Ariaki,

Welcome back!

I do have an opinion, however, I prefer to deal with facts: 

The article is incorrect & outdated, despite the claim it was updated 28th May 2020, for example, there are 28 remote virtual servers, not 18. 

&

KASPERSKY RELOCATES DATA PROCESSING TO SWITZERLAND

KASPERSKY TRANSPARENCY CENTER

Can I trust Kaspersky Lab? Our answer to your questions

Regarding “logs”, my “opinion”: wait for a response from Kaspersky’s Data Protection Officer. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Thank you, Whitecatlab.

The statement is clear and straight but there is a file in my account in which the following are recorded:

• Use statistics at (hh:mm) p.m.
  • Virtual position:
    Information about the connection time and location of the protected server.
  • Start of use…. (date / time)
  • End of use…. (date / time)
  • Area (country name of the virtual connection)

All of the above are recorded with accurate diagrams, for one day / seven days / 30 days.

Therefor I wonder what “- AND WON’T LOG YOUR ACTIVITIES” means.

Thanks again.

Hello @Ariaki,

• By “my account’, are you referring to the MyKaspersky account: Secure Connection statistics🤔 ? If “yes”, it’s a feature of KSC-VPN, that consent is given when KSC-VPN is installed:

• Not a log of the activities done online, nor the websites accessed. 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resource:

How to view a secure traffic report on My Kaspersky