The file fails to add exclusions and is permanently deleted instead of being moved to quarantine.

Go to solution Solved by nexon,

This is the second time I've had a file permanently deleted and I've lost the file forever with no option to recover it.
Adding to the whitelist always tastes ineffective, I don't understand the rationale.
Here's a video from an Nvidia playback recording.

In the video, after I add the file as an exclusion. The warning did not go away, which made me feel confused, and then the file was deleted. I rushed to open the quarantine view to recover the file, however the file quarantine was empty. I was so overwhelmed that I didn't know where to put my mouse.

Vdieo link:https://gofile.io/d/Pw5pIN

屏幕截图 2024-07-21 191533.jpg

3 hours ago, nexon said:

Hi,

You are using old version.

Can you try on newest version?

Kaspersky never prompted me that I needed to update, I just re-downloaded the install file in my subscription on the website, and after reinstalling it was still version 2021. Is my subscription only able to install 2021?

2024-07-21233350.thumb.jpg.0eb119b25c5297801389ab765d83c39d.jpg

• Solution
Posted (edited)

You need download new range products (Kaspersky standard) if you have installed Kaspersky internet security etc... 

You have 21.3version 

New version is 21.17.xxx  download this version Kaspersky standard 

Edited by nexon
  • Like 2

Hello @SDEa,

I have another question (regardless of which version you are using):

How large was the file that was deleted?
The quarantine has a size limit by default, but you can extend it or deactivate it completely:

Limit the size of Quarantine to

If this check box is selected, the maximum size of Backup is limited to the specified value. By default, the maximum size is 4000 MB. When the maximum size of Backup is reached, Kaspersky application automatically deletes the oldest files to keep the size of Backup under the specified limit.

If this check box is cleared, storage size is unlimited.

https://support.kaspersky.com/help/Kaspersky/Win21.18/en-US/68263.htm

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Schulte said:

Hello @SDEa,

I have another question (regardless of which version you are using):

How large was the file that was deleted?
The quarantine has a size limit by default, but you can extend it or deactivate it completely:

https://support.kaspersky.com/help/Kaspersky/Win21.18/en-US/68263.htm

The file is only 14KB in size, so I think I probably know what the problem is. Probably a conflict between right-click scanning the file and Active Defense.
I tried right click scanning the file and the file was moved to the quarantine by the scanning process. Active Defense prompted a file deletion failure.
When I restored the file in the quarantine area, that's when the active defense process found that the file could be deleted again and deleted the file completely.

Is that roughly what happened?

I purchased the version 3 years ago in the China region. It seems that the version has not been updated since 3 years ago. Kaspersky is very quiet, resulting in 3 years of no attention from me.

Anyway, I have successfully updated to the latest version. I will continue to use Kaspersky, but not the version provided by the Chinese agent.

Hello,

The KL Product newest build is 21.7.x, But 21.3.x is the newest build in China. So this issue doesn't happen in 21.7.x.

We should wait 21.7.x release in China. Perhaps you can contact KL support to inquire about the release date of the latest version.

Regards.