"The connection to touch.kaspersky.com is not secure" When "switching to a protected browser"

R.A.D.

When I just navigated to a site that uses a "protected browser", I got a message "The connection to touch.kaspersky.com is not secure".   That "interesting" coming from the kaspersky.com domain!

Seems like once I chose to ignore the warning, I've not seen it again so far today.

Is this a known quirk?

Thanks-

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2023 at 1:55 AM, Igor Kurzin said:

Hi @R.A.D.

Please check under Settings -> Protection -> Network Settings -> is it set to "Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection components"? 

Yes.  Under "Encrypted connection scanning" that radio button (#2 of 3) is selected.

Sorry for the delay...

Thanks, Bob

• 2 months later...

Saw this (full text below) again today, though I haven't seen it for quite some time.  Rereading the thread,  I'm not 100% clear on the recommended setting for "Encrypted connection scanning".  (I don't believe I changed anything here.)

For those who want to check this, I think the navigation is    Settings -> Network Settings ->  Encrypted connection scanning (see attached image) at least for:

Operating system:    Microsoft Windows 10 x64 Build 19045
Application version:            21.3.10.391 (k)

Taking a step back though, the page displaying this is http://touch.kaspersky.com/ - not an https: site as the message says.  Shouldn't a user expect that all sites within the Kaspersky domain support HTTPS?  Is this apparent exception by design for some reason?

Thanks, Bob

---

The connection to touch.kaspersky.com is not secure

You are seeing this warning because this site does not support HTTPS. 

Kaspersky_Scan_Encrypted_20230715.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/20/2023 at 7:55 AM, Igor Kurzin said:

Hi @R.A.D.

Please check under Settings -> Protection -> Network Settings -> is it set to "Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection components"? 

I have same problem than user opening the post.

When trying to connect to a bank website using Kaspersky internet security and protected browser, the connection is not set due security error with "touch.kaspersky.com".

My network settings are set to option #2 of 3 as well.

I cannot see any valid solutin for this issue, could you please refresh what was the solution?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Time is wasted with being unable to get beyond the useless 'touch.kaspersky.com OK' message and access a perfectly safe site to get my gas bill. It seems this has been an issue since April 23, judging by other earlier comments, and no fix from Kaspersky yet. It's farewell to Kaspersky on my part.

touch.kaspersky.com OK
touch.kaspersky.com OK'touch.kaspersky.com OK'