The AV is messing with the Crunchyroll login website

Muxxer

Today I had an issue for the first time when trying to log in to my Crunchyroll account. When opening up the log-in page, seemingly the AV would try to block a certain element from being loaded by the website, and the website would try to load it again and again, the AV blocking it every time, thus creating an endless loop which caused CPU and RAM usage to skyrocket to 98% (I have 32 gigs of RAM, so imagine).

I tried turning off web protection, turning off protection altogether, but nothing worked until I completely closed the AV. Could someone please confirm if this is an issue with the AV or something only on my end? If it's an issue with the AV, could it be solved?

7 minutes ago, Muxxer said:

Today I had an issue for the first time when trying to log in to my Crunchyroll account. When opening up the log-in page, seemingly the AV would try to block a certain element from being loaded by the website, and the website would try to load it again and again, the AV blocking it every time, thus creating an endless loop which caused CPU and RAM usage to skyrocket to 98% (I have 32 gigs of RAM, so imagine).

I tried turning off web protection, turning off protection altogether, but nothing worked until I completely closed the AV. Could someone please confirm if this is an issue with the AV or something only on my end? If it's an issue with the AV, could it be solved?

Hello @Muxxer

Welcome!

Please share the following information:

1. The OS name, version & *full build number*, read: How to find the version of your operating system?
  2. Kaspersky AV version - on the Windows hidden icons, rightclick,the Kaspersky icon, select About? 
  3. In Kaspersky Reports, are there any Crunchyroll events? IF 'yes', post back a *full-screen* screenprint, showing the *Details* of the events? 
  4. Which browser is being used when the "certain element from being loaded by Crunchyroll?"
  5. Does the same issue repeat in *all* supported browsers: Chrome, Edge, Firefox & if the browser is run in Incognito/Private mode
  6. What is the " certain element " that is being blocked, post a full screen screen-print, we need to see what you see please - hide any personal information - before posting? 
  7. What are the settings for Anti-banner & Private browsing for Crunchyroll

Please post back?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2023 at 2:16 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Muxxer

Welcome!

Please share the following information:

1. The OS name, version & *full build number*, read: How to find the version of your operating system?
  2. Kaspersky AV version - on the Windows hidden icons, rightclick,the Kaspersky icon, select About? 
  3. In Kaspersky Reports, are there any Crunchyroll events? IF 'yes', post back a *full-screen* screenprint, showing the *Details* of the events? 
  4. Which browser is being used when the "certain element from being loaded by Crunchyroll?"
  5. Does the same issue repeat in *all* supported browsers: Chrome, Edge, Firefox & if the browser is run in Incognito/Private mode
  6. What is the " certain element " that is being blocked, post a full screen screen-print, we need to see what you see please - hide any personal information - before posting? 
  7. What are the settings for Anti-banner & Private browsing for Crunchyroll

Please post back?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

1. Currently running Windows 10 Home x64 22H2 (19045.3803)

2. Running version 21.15.8.493 (a)

3. Doesn't seem like there's anything mentioning Crunchyroll whatsoever.

4/5. It happens both on Firefox and Edge. Didn't happen in a different device without Kaspersky.

7. Anti-Banner is currently turned off, so is Private Browsing.

The attached image is just a bit of it, the whole log is over 9mbs. Since I made this post it would seem as if the website didn't run into an infinite loop anymore, but it still generates some 70000 console messages, most of which are errorsSinttulo.thumb.png.4e8c3f320644a9c51f0658fe5b4e33b1.png

1. 8 hours ago, Muxxer said:

1. Currently running Windows 10 Home x64 22H2 (19045.3803)

2. Running version 21.15.8.493 (a)

3. Doesn't seem like there's anything mentioning Crunchyroll whatsoever.

4/5. It happens both on Firefox and Edge. Didn't happen in a different device without Kaspersky.

7. Anti-Banner is currently turned off, so is Private Browsing.

The attached image is just a bit of it, the whole log is over 9mbs. Since I made this post it would seem as if the website didn't run into an infinite loop anymore, but it still generates some 70000 console messages, most of which are errors

Hello @Muxxer

Thank you for the information & the screenprint!

•  May we know the installed Kaspersky software *actual* product name please? 
  •  For our *original* question 6 & referring back to (your) original post: "When opening up the log-in page, seemingly the AV would try to block a certain element from being loaded by the website, and the website would try to load it again and again, the AV blocking it every time" - we understood that to mean an element of the Crunchyroll login page - not the console log, perhaps we have misunderstood... Nevertheless, moving forward, please do the following &  see the images:
  1. Open the Kaspersky GUI, go to Security, Security Settings, Network Settings, *uncheck* Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages  - answer the prompts & see if the problem persists?
  2. IF *NO* & the problem is resolved, copy the BLOCKED URL from the log, *add* the BLOCKED URL to Network Settings, Trusted addresses, again answer the prompts – note – the URL may be truncated – this is OK.
  3. Go back to Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages - *re-enable* / turn ON.
  4. Go to Security, Safe Browsing settings, Advanced Settings, Do not scan web traffic from trusted URLs, *add* the BLOCKED URL - again answer the prompts - screen images not repeated as they're the same as above & Kaspersky goes OTT with these damm confirmations (ioo). 
Spoiler

1-crunchyrolly.thumb.jpg.a3379dd9b528d16f2dbb5fa01ce0bff2.jpg

2-crunchyrolly.thumb.jpg.d1fe0e7d0985664f7238ebe18ba6c291.jpg

3-crunchyrolly.thumb.jpg.98ea3eeaa23ed5fc17b728b3c3ac663c.jpg

4-crunchyrolly.thumb.jpg.33291d3edfef4b1890034c862a1396df.jpg

USER_2023-12-30_133944.thumb.jpg.a844d6056878c504b5debae83b4afebd.jpg

Please share the outcome, with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋