Tabletopia.com not functioning under restricted account even though website allowed.

MikeinDC

Hi, Curious if anyone may know what this issue is.  With the home isolation of due to the Corona virus, my children would like to use the website Tabletopia.com to play table games online with their friends.  I added the website as an allowed website, but when they try to use it, functions are severely restricted and they are unable to click on many links.  They don’t receive any error messages, the functionality just doesn’t work.  For instance, they can’t even click into the account information.  If I log into the parent account on the same computer and sign into their account, everything works.  Obviously, I have everything installed that is needed since it works on my account.  Any ideas what I need to enable to make this work for my kids?

System Requirements

Minimum Hardware

• 1.2 GHz (Gigahertz), 2 cores
  • 4GB (Gigabyte) RAM
  • Graphics card: 1024 MB, DirectX 11

Recommended Hardware

• Intel® Core™ i3 or higher, 1.5+ GHz, 2+ cores
  • 8GB (Gigabyte) RAM (64-bit OS)
  • Graphics card: 1024 MB, DirectX 11 or higher, discrete video card

Software

• Browsers: Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera GX, Edge
  • Plugin: Unity Web Player (click to download) for Internet Explorer and Safari
  • Steam: you can use Tabletopia Steam App instead browsers
  • Additional requirements to use certain features: Internet access

Communication Software

• Built-in Steam Voice Chat. If all players use Steam client.
  • Skype. If you play with the people you know.
  • Discord. Read more on using Discord with Tabletopia.
  • In-Game Text Chat. For text communication.

Hello @MikeinDC

Welcome back!

• I haven’t forgotten you, atm the Community portal is playing up, all my replies are being blocked, it’s making helping others extremely difficult😖 .
  • I’m glad you son is able to play via Steam☺ . 
  1. I haven’t been able to replicate the Tabletopia issue, does the problem happen in all broswers
  2. In KSK Reports, is there any “evidence” that Tabletopia has been accessed? 
  • Regarding Spotify, my findings are different to yours, when KSK blocks, Spotify sound continues, in other words, KSK does not terminate the actual Spotify app process, it remains running. 

Please post back?
Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

@FLOOD Happy Saturday!

Yes, I tested in on Microsoft Edge and Chrome and both are being blocked.  Here are a few screen shots to show what we are seeing.  Some basic functionality of the site is being blocked such that certain controls are inactivated.  No errors or notifications at all in KSK.

In the first screenshot I’ve zoomed in on the account icon.  NOrmally there is a little man figure in the square by default, but when logged in under KSK monitoring the figure disappears and clicking on the icon does nothing.

In the second picture I’m showing the area where you can search for and pick from games to play.  This area doesn’t populate at all.  If you click on one of the games to play on the main screen, you can get to the overview page for the game, but trying to play anything does nothing.

Third screenshot shows what the screen looks like when logged in on the same computer with an account that is not monitored.

Hello @MikeinDC

Thank you! Happy Sunday for me😁 , but, Happy Saturday to you & the family😀

Thank you for the images, I’ll lo🕵 ok into it more... 

1. Is there any other Kaspersky software installed? If “yes”, please look at the Detailed Reports, see if there’s any Tabletopia events? If “yes”, please Export the Report, save as a .txt file & 📎 attach to your reply please?

Please post back?
Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

@FLOOD Not sure where detailed reports are.  I can pull them if you can point me towards them.   I don’t see anything in the standard Reports section other than the record of sites visited.  Here is what comes from this morning’s testing.  

Hello @MikeinDC

Thank you for replying👌

1. Please export the 7 day KSK Report & attach to your reply please? Note, it will download/export as a .csv, change the extension to .txt otherwise it may not attach🤔
  2. & is there any other Kaspersky software installed? 
  • If “yes”, I’m looking for Detailed Reports from that Kaspersky software please?

Please post back?
Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello @MikeinDC

Exciting news, there been a change with the tabletopia issue:

Parent → no change image1, kids now see: Edge → image2, Chrome →image3, KSK Report→ image4

Translated, KSK’s now blocking “parts” of Tabletopia, & it’s not reflected in the KSK Reports = works like a bought one🙄

Isn’t it great when each patch ½ fixes things😖

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳