Suspicious behavior of Kaspersky (Multiplication then its complete shutdown)

Maveric
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Os Version Windows 11 22621.2283
Application version : 21.3.10.391

Good morning,
For 2 days my Kaspersky total security has been in complete disarray.
It starts by having the Kaspersky icon which begins to multiply in the notification bar between 3 to 5 times, then when I hover my mouse over it it all disappears.
From this moment on, I have no access to internet surfing or the ability to open the Kaspersky interface.
When I try to launch it the icon appears gray and the service does not start.

• I restarted the PC several times, the problem ended up reappearing quite quickly.
  • I reinstalled kaserperky twice,
      1 time while keeping my configuration parameters
      1 time with nothing saved

I tried to analyze in the Windows logs if I can see the causes of the application shutdown or the causes of its multiple launches but without success.

Do you have any idea of the problem or a solution to enable more verbosity in logs so that we can carry out an analysis of this please?

Thanks in advance

• Solution
1 hour ago, Maveric said:

Os Version Windows 11 22621.2283, KTS v21.3.10.391

Good morning,
For 2 days my Kaspersky total security has been in complete disarray.
It starts by having the Kaspersky icon which begins to multiply in the notification bar between 3 to 5 times, then when I hover my mouse over it it all disappears.
From this moment on, I have no access to internet surfing or the ability to open the Kaspersky interface.
When I try to launch it the icon appears gray and the service does not start.

• I restarted the PC several times, the problem ended up reappearing quite quickly.
  • I reinstalled kaserperky twice,
      1 time while keeping my configuration parameters
      1 time with nothing saved

I tried to analyze in the Windows logs if I can see the causes of the application shutdown or the causes of its multiple launches but without success.

Do you have any idea of the problem or a solution to enable more verbosity in logs so that we can carry out an analysis of this please?

Thanks in advance

Hello @Maveric
Welcome!

1. Check Windows to see if there's any outstanding Updates/patches? 
2. Sign into (your) MyKaspersky account & confirm the KTS activation code is stored in the Subscription tab? 
4. Create a System restore point
5. Using *normal* Windows uninstall steps - uninstall KTS - then SHUTOWN the computer, using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, power on by Pressing the Power button, login. 
6. Follow directions *make sure* KAVREMOVER is run as Admin  - using SAFEMODE, UNINSTALL KTS *again* -> then SHUTDOWN the computer, using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, - revert to NORMAL mode & login. 
7. Download a new KTS exe: Kaspersky Total Security for Windows®
8. Install KTS, follow:  How to install the application
9. Recheck? 
10. IF the issue persists, using normal Windows uninstall steps - uninstall KTS - then SHUTOWN the computer, using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, power on by Pressing the Power button, login. 
11. Install Kaspersky PLUS (free upgrade), refer Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T.

Any issue, please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Here are the steps taken:
1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8,
9 in progress, I'm waiting to see over 24H if the problem appears.

For the 11 I'm not too ready to migrate but if it's really necessary why not. But I'd rather opt for a solution with my version.

I'll keep you informed of the result.

• Thanks 1