Suffering from Kaspersky launching infinite number of tabs to open protected browser

1) I try to use kaspersky protected mode in chrome for all browsing.

2) So when I restart my windows 11 destktop, I launch a normal chrome window.

3) And then I try to load a  URL that I earlier chose to use protected view. This starts a new protected chrome window.

4) Then I close '2's wondow and use 3's window by opening other URLs as tabs. And thus then on all my brower tabs will be protected ones.

But I often forget to do '2' and end up staying with 2. So after sometime if I start to try '3' to switch all to protected view like 4. step 3 keeps on spawning new tabs in a never ending fashion but never opens the URL. To get rid off this nuisance the only way that works is to restart the desktop and now remember to do 1, 2, 3, 4!!!

Can you pl. help cure this disease?

6 hours ago, jawckey said:
  • when I restart my windows 11 desktop, I launch a normal chrome window & I try to use Kaspersky protected mode in chrome for all browsing.
  •  And then I try to load a  URL that I earlier chose to use protected view. This starts a new protected chrome window.
  •  Then I close the normal Chrome window and use the Chrome SafeMoney window by opening other URLs as tabs. And thus then on all my browser tabs will be protected ones.
  1. But I often forget to close the normal Chrome window and end up staying with it. So after sometime if I start to try '3' to switch all to protected view like 4. step 3 keeps on spawning new tabs in a never ending fashion but never opens the URL. To get rid off this nuisance the only way that works is to restart the desktop and now remember to do 1, 2, 3, 4!

Can you pl. help cure this disease?

Hello @jawckey

Welcome!

• In Safe Money settings - make sure *all* settings are as shown in image 1, especially Run Protected Browser & To proceed to websites from the Safe Money window, use Default browser
  • In the actual Safe Money browser (you) may wish to add shortcuts for the websites (you) commonly use - image 2
  • In Safe Money websites, again, (you) may wish to build a list of websites (you) commonly use - image 3
  • Using these - we - can use the Safe Money browser without it 'spawning' new tabs, once it's running - we simply go to the Chrome search field OR the URL field & type in our required www & it goes directly to the site OR - if our search is generic - a list of potential sites - but no spawning of new tabs without opening a www.
  • *Also* - at "when I restart my windows 11 desktop, I launch a normal chrome window." - why not *launch Safe Money browser* right from this starting point - either from Safe Money shortcut (on desktop) OR from Safe Money websites - in the Kaspersky application?  
  • & (ioo) - "restarting the desktop" is an extreme measure - kill the Safe Money Chrome browser - via Windows Task manager

image.thumb.png.c9fbc0325552d89c82b09f6a69bb0c6c.png

image.thumb.png.b4a1775368a72770a242be113b65ea64.png

image.thumb.png.685735211564109e75fa1bb28302d8e8.png

image.thumb.png.cac75a1f7b0db4e4e98cfb55800abf61.png

Any issues or concerns please post back? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Resources:

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
reformatted