Software vs PC Timezone

prosam

Somehow my son’s PC and the kaspersky safe kids software are in different time zones (EST vs PCT). I don’t know why but it is annoying as hell. I’ve set time limits and hours he can use his PC but because of the two different time zones the PC is being blocked when it shouldn’t. I looked all over the app in the PC settings and online and I can’t seem to find anything on how to fix this.

What am I missing here?

• my son’s PC and the kaspersky safe kids software are in different time zones (EST vs PCT). 
  • I’ve set time limits and hours he can use his PC but because of the two different time zones the PC is being blocked when it shouldn’t.
  • I looked all over the app in the PC settings and online and I can’t seem to find anything on how to fix this. What am I missing here?

Hello @prosam
Welcome!

1. PC OS version & build
  2. KSK version → on the Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the KSK icon, select About
  3. Is KSK a standalone install or part of Kaspersky Total Security or Kaspersky Security Cloud? 
  4. Which time server is the PC synchronized with? 
  5. Do the PC updates all show “Successfully installed”? 
  6. Is KSK Premium or Free?

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

Read before you create a new topic!, tutorial by @Danila T. 

HI Flood,

thank you for responding. Here are the answers to your questions

1. Edition    Windows 10 Pro
    Version    20H2
    Installed on    ‎12/‎30/‎2020
    OS build    19042.1110
    Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0
  2. KSK 1.05.8153
  3. It is KSK stand alone.
  4. The PC is syncing to Eastern Time US & Canada, that is where we are.
  5. Yes, all updates in the PC are up to date.
  6. KSK Premium

Hello,

I was able to resolve this on my own by uninstalling and reinstalling KSK.

Seems what happened was that when I initially installed KSK the PC was in the wrong time zone (PCT) and even though I corrected it in the PC settings KSK was not accepting this change. By removing the software and installing it again but this time making sure the PC was in the correct time zone KSK took on the correct settings. 

Hope this helps other who may find themselves in a similar situation.