Slow file opening [MOVED]

Go to solution Solved by rvroege,

Hello,

We have just installed a new fileserver with windows server 2019 and KES 11.

When i disable the protection on our new fileserver the clients load files within seconds.

If the protection is enabled I see for example in excel and word for 10 seconds a blank screen before the document is opent.

Does someone know what happens here and how i can help this speed up?

Hello,

Add excell, word alike from Microsoft to Host intrusion prevention settings. Tweak policies in file threat protection.

I tried to add excel and word to the Host intrusion but i am unable to add the application. It doesnt show me the application in the “add applications to trust group”

Hey @rvroege 

Just for me: Why do you use KES on your file server and not Kaspersky Security for Windows Server? Last one is also included in any KESB license.

I tried to add excel and word to the Host intrusion but i am unable to add the application. It doesnt show me the application in the “add applications to trust group”

First, find out whether File Threat Protection actually slows down the computer (or a program):

1. Find the computer that works slowly
  2. Disable the policy on it
  3. Stop (disable) File Threat Protection
  4. Check whether the computer (program) works any faster

Even if programs work faster on the computer without File Threat Protection, do not leave File Threat Protection disabled. Configure exclusions for applications. Try various exclusion types:

1. If all program files are located in a single folder, exclude the program’s folder from scanning
  2. If the program works with files in various folders or in a temporary folder, make the executable file of the program trusted

Never exclude the operating system’s temporary folder from scanning. Malware is often started from it.

1. If the program works with files in shared folders, try to disable scanning of network drives
  2. For the programs that start on the specified schedule during off business hours, pause File Threat Protection while the program runs

Best regards,
Intrusus

• Solution

Hey @rvroege 

Just for me: Why do you use KES on your file server and not Kaspersky Security for Windows Server? Last one is also included in any KESB license.

First, find out whether File Threat Protection actually slows down the computer (or a program):

1. Find the computer that works slowly
  2. Disable the policy on it
  3. Stop (disable) File Threat Protection
  4. Check whether the computer (program) works any faster

Even if programs work faster on the computer without File Threat Protection, do not leave File Threat Protection disabled. Configure exclusions for applications. Try various exclusion types:

1. If all program files are located in a single folder, exclude the program’s folder from scanning
  2. If the program works with files in various folders or in a temporary folder, make the executable file of the program trusted

Never exclude the operating system’s temporary folder from scanning. Malware is often started from it.

1. If the program works with files in shared folders, try to disable scanning of network drives
  2. For the programs that start on the specified schedule during off business hours, pause File Threat Protection while the program runs

Best regards,
Intrusus

The problem was the KES 11.1.0.15919. I have installed 11.2.0.0.2254. this fixed the problem!