site certifications problem

On connecting to certain sites I get a a block from Kaspersky saying the site certifications are invalid and I can connect at my own risk. These are sites I use often and the problem is new, at least with one site. Both Vivaldi and Firefox say that sites are safe and the certificates valid. Is this just Kaspersky being overly safe with a particular certifying body or do you know something the browsers do not. I spoke to one of the site administrators and he also says the site is full certificated and safe.

I should add the Firefox says the certificate issuer is not recognised by Mozilla but still gives the site as safe. Where does KIS get its information about the site certification?

Thanks

Edited by steve33

Good day

this is the job of the "Encrypted connections scan" component

Спойлер

image.thumb.png.23b7965fe454c972858152ef46a6e064.png

Спойлер

image.thumb.png.74852a031b78b14ee1eb71c1666855a9.png

If you trust the site and don't want to see warnings when you enter it ... add the site to the exceptions, as the documentation says.

https://support.kaspersky.com/KIS/21.3/en-US/157530.htm

however, you need to understand that during operation, protection components will not decrypt traffic from such exclusion sites. 

you need to approach the creation of exceptions with understanding.

and of course it is not recommended to completely disable this component ... as some people sometimes do.

Edited by ElvinE5

Thanks very much for the swift response. The solution seems to be if KIS and all other parties involved disagree then it is up to me to decide which side I accept.. difficult. It is the use of the phrase "malicious object" which gives me pause. My default is, if in doubt always trust KIS, and this has kept me virus free for 10+ years, at least as far as I know it has.

Again thanks