Settings in SafeKid web and SafeKid app are not the same

sfk4118

Hi,

The followings occur quite often that I would like to know how to fix or if it is a bug, please fix it.

There are two ways to change the settings of Safe Kid for child devices

• Via the web interface
  • Via the app in mobile

The settings for Application Categories are different

• in Web app all are allowed
  • in Mobile app, FTP Software, File Sharing, Online Shopping, Online Storage, Social Networks, Software Downloaders are forbidden

The settings for specific applications are different

• in Web app, they are all allowed
  • in Mobile app, restricted time or forbidden are shown for certain applications as set in the past

Several times, I changed the settings via Web app so that they were the same as in Mobile app. I double-checked it by going to another function in Web app and going back to make sure the settings took affect.

However, after a few days, I logged in again, the aforementioned issue recurred.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Kind regards.

Hello @sfk4118

Welcome!

Please tell us:

1. Windows 10, Operating system version ?
  2. KSK version & patch(x) → on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  3. Is Windows Sleep mode enabled? 
  4. Child’s birth year? 
  5. Is KSK Premium or Free? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Resource:

Read before you create a new topic

• @Danila T. / Moderators, the Read before you create a new topic, point 2. does not work for KSK⚠

Hello @sfk4118

Thank you☺ !

There’s a “known” issue with KSK 1.0.5.1360 & Sleep mode, the bug is fixed by Patch H, released 11th March 2021, with a follow-up distributive Patch H, due 25th March 2021. 

Recommendation:

• Always shutdown the computer, at least once a week, using Shutdown, not Restart✅  
  • ➡ Either wait until 24 / 48 hrs after 25th March 2021, to make sure the full patch H has been applied, or, do an uninstall & clean install & recheck the issue. 

If doing the uninstall/install option, please follow these steps: 

1. Shutdown all browsers and any other applications → nothing must be active except KSK. 
  2. Uninstall KSK 
  3. Make shut the computer reboots completely; power on, login.
  4. Confirm KSK / Computer requirements
  5. Download & install KSK 
  6. Check patch H has been applied, note: the full patch H will not be available until on or after 25th March 2021. 
  7. Recheck, monitor for several days to see if  “Windows 10/KSK Settings - Web” issue persists? 

Let us know the outcome please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Just another note, if posting future topics, KSK patch information is important; if it’s available, always provide please? 

Hi Flood,

Thanks for your response. I will inform you after checking the result of the new patch.

However, it is still not clear for me. The settings for my kid’s device as mentioned are set from KSK app in my mobile or from Web interface, both are remotely from kid’s device. I logged out when done. So I expect both ways should have the same results. ???

The new patch: where should I install it? In kid’s device? In my mobile? or both?

TIA.

Kind regards.

Hello @sfk4118

You’re most welcome☺ !

Patch H is specific for Windows devices only

The known bug issue is impacting Windows devices where (Windows) Sleep mode is used. 

IF there was no bug, Settings changes should reflect equally, when & however you view; but, due to the bug, that’s not happening. 

You logging out of your (parent) devices is not the issue. 

1. Child’s Windows device needs patch H (both 11/3/2021 & 25/3/2021)
  2. On an ongoing basis, child’s Windows device should be shutdown, using Shutdown, not Restart, at least once weekly. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋