Setting port rules for a new application

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I am new to Kaspersky and so far it seems good.  I have a Kaspersky Plus subscription, running Win 11 Pro.  My total use is on a 2 PC home installation with a moderately fast internet connection.

I am trying to install a simple intercom to enable voice contact between my PC and my wife's PC.  (I am severely physically disabled).  We are on a wired (ethernet) connection, through a router.

The program  I am trying to use for this purpose is Desktop Intercom.  Its setup instructions are to allow UDP traffic on port 1550

On Kaspersky's website I can see how to do it in Kaspersky Total Security   See the attached file.  I am very familiar with type of interface, and have previously set up such access on other security products.

However Kaspersky Plus is a very different interface.  I can't find where I can give access through the firewall.  In fact I can't find any option for setting rules for the firewall.  The closest match looks like it may be called "Intrusion Protection".

Two requests please:

• Is there an online manual that someone cand point me to?
  • Can someone guide me how to set up a rule to allow UDP traffic on port 1550.  Or a link on how to do this.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

2023-01-26_15-42-42.jpg

Hello @Doug4907

Welcome!

Based on the information you've provided: 

Open the Kaspersky app, in the Security list, at the top right of the app window, select the Settings icon⚙, scroll thru the list, select Firewall, create a Firewall Packet rules, to add a rule; when the rule is configured & saved, move it to the top of the list

image.thumb.png.b416f220f0d03e786fadc5154e8e2c2e.png

Also, the UDP template & other configurable options are available in the drop-down list on the right-hand side: 

image.thumb.png.e75aec363291b64920f613bf21f75702.png

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Hi Flood et al,

I seem to be loosing my mind...  Yes, many thanks, I can see what you mean.  Where I was confused was that I thought I would add a new program into "Trusted" applications, and go into the settings for that app, and set the rules, such as available ports, UDP, etc.  And so when I went into the trusted applications, and added my new program, that path did not lead me to set up rules, etc.

Please bear(bare) with me, if I go in the way you are suggesting, the port and other settings, like UDP, are not tied to just my new program, but to all access via any program on my PC.  If that's the case I will cope with the setup.

Please confirm that my new understanding is accurate.

Take care

Doug

• Solution

Hello @Doug4907

Thank you for posting back & yes, you're correct, the Firewall rule would not be tied to just the new program. To achieve that specifically, use Intrusion Prevention, select the specific program, select Network rules, again, on the righthand drop-down list, select the UDP template you require. 

image.thumb.png.3860883ca92b10bbdbee0faa7734a82a.png

?Note, before making any changes to the Kaspersky Plus app, export the Kaspersky Plus config, so you have a backup of the original config, if things go pear-shaped & you wish to revert, you can import the original config: select the Settings icon⚙, lower left-hand corner of the Kaspersky Plus app, scroll down to & select Manage settings, select Export, save the config file. 

Finally, bare is naked, we'll still with ??

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife