Search can't find an existing entry

I have an account with website iStorm in Cyprus and when I try to login the site in Windows 11, Chrome browser, KPM shows it's logo in green (denoting I have an account present in KPM) and enters what it thought was the login but it was the username and not the email address (my earlier mistake when I should have entered the email address).

So I need to change the login entry in KPM so I search for iStorm but returns no results. I cannot find the entry that is clearly somewhere in KPM relating to the full website name: https:// istorm . com.cy/
I ended up creating another account with iStorm successfully and then when I attempt to login I get a choice by KPM of 2 accounts to sign in and the latter one works ok, however I search again in KPM wishing to remove the old account from KPM and it still can't find istorm.

I assume this is a bug of some sort in the search feature.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, KDcyp99 said:

I have an account with website iStorm in Cyprus and when I try to login the site in Windows 11, Chrome browser, KPM shows it's logo in green (denoting I have an account present in KPM) and enters what it thought was the login but it was the username and not the email address (my earlier mistake when I should have entered the email address).

So I need to change the login entry in KPM so I search for iStorm but returns no results. I cannot find the entry that is clearly somewhere in KPM relating to the full website name: https:// istorm . com.cy/
I ended up creating another account with iStorm successfully and then when I attempt to login I get a choice by KPM of 2 accounts to sign in and the latter one works ok, however

1. I search again in KPM wishing to remove the old account from KPM and it still can't find istorm.

I assume this is a bug of some sort in the search feature.

Hello @KDcyp99

Welcome!

1. When 'searching' in KPM application, what is/are the search parameter(s) - is it just 'iStorm'?
  2. Has the saved username been checked? 
  3. Please Read before you create a new topic! by Danila T. & provide - it helps the Community help you. 

Please post back? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar😔, modified Q. 1 , added 2. 3. || Added Read before you create a new topic! by DT

Thank you for your response. Sorry for my late reply.

DETAILS MISTAKENLY OMMITTED ON POSTING NEW TOPIC:

Windows 11 Version 23H2 (OS build 22631.3593)

KPM version : 24.1.0.258 / 1714983207_7587 / 1.1.0.2_1

Answer to your question #1 

Yes, I just type ist or istor or istorm and nothing appears. Other searches for other entries do work fine.

Sorry I do not understand your question #2. I cannot check any entries for iStorm in the vault as I can't find any.

Please see screenshots: When I open the site in Chrome, you see the green LPM icons confirming I have an entry, in fact see 2nd screenshot showing I have 2 entries. I use the 2nd valid one and it enters successfuly logs in.

I hope that answers your question.

KPM 2.jpg

KPM 1.jpg

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, KDcyp99 said:

Windows 11 Version 23H2 (OS build 22631.3593); KPM version : 24.1.0.258 / 1714983207_7587 / 1.1.0.2_1

• Yes, I just type ist or istor or istorm and nothing appears. Other searches for other entries do work fine.
  • Sorry I do not understand your question #2.
  • I cannot check any entries for iStorm in the vault as I can't find any.
  • Please see screenshots: When I open the site in Chrome, you see the green LPM icons confirming I have an entry, in fact see 2nd screenshot showing I have 2 entries. I use the 2nd valid one and it enters successfully logs in.

Hello @KDcyp99

Thank you for posting back & the information, do not be concerned about a delay, the Community works at your speed. 

1. OK.
  2. So, according to image one, there's two user-names, one beginning with KDob & the other with kdobs - have those user-names been searched for - in the actual KPM application vault - not in KPM *extension* in the Chrome browser?
  3. Just to confirm - your advice is - "iStorm cannot be found in the actual KPM vault application, on the computer", is that accurate please? 
  4. Are the following *enabled*:
  • Data sync?
  • Autosave & Autofill - Logins & Passwords? 

image.thumb.png.1b8083b17a7214e91ebf107e994165ab.png

Please post back? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Hi again, thanks for replying.

I am searching in the actual vault (KPM app) not in the browser - (I know it sounds strange, it's really weird, presumably a bug).

I have sync'd (it auto syncs but I checked also). I tried to take a screenshot to show you all is up to date but it seems that KPM cleverly prevents screenshots whilst open.

You asked "iStorm cannot be found in the actual KPM vault application, on the computer", is that accurate please? "

Yes, that is accurate.

Autosave & autofill is ticked for 1. logins & password & 3. Bank cards (not 2. addresses).

Thinking ahead, I thought you would recommend next that I reinstall this app on my PC so as I also use the iPhone and iPad KPM app every day I tried searching on that and it also doesn't appear there. The common denominator then is the website itself and the main thing I can think that's different to maybe all other sites is that it's mainly in Greek language (I have to use Google Chrome translate on the site). I did wonder whether it has saved in KPM in the Greek alphabet but when visiting the site the URL is in English as you can see from my screenshots. I did try translate and searching for 'καταιγίδα' in case but no luck.

I have tried in KPM app scrolling down all entries to letter 'i' but there's nothing for istorm there.

I am looking in 'all' and not 'favourites'

It doesn't seem to appear in 'recents' but not all recent sites do (upon testing).

Strangely when trying to log in on iPhone, tapping on the login name/email which displays the 'key' icon above the keyboard, on tapping the key which opens KPM app, it says 'no matching password' and 'show passwords' can't find it in search. Only the Chrome browser on PC recognises the website address and gives me the green KPM icon as per screenshots you've seen.

I can't think of any other info to help identify this strange issue.

• Thanks 1

Hello @KDcyp99

Thank you for the information!

1. IF *another* browser is used, is there also no iStorm showing in the KPM extension *but* the (correct) username & password & the dud username are *offered* in the iStorm login fields?
  2. Looking at our 3 images below - do they match what you see?  

image.thumb.png.68fc96514dc4bdbf549de000569826bd.png

image.thumb.png.f07e633d23ccc8441c4ec1228b8f6894.png

image.thumb.png.81a7427e985e3f01b3d821f8303ccf8f.png

Please post back? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Hi again,

I just tested and Edge browser acts in exactly the same way as Chrome in that when I load up the login page and mouse click on the login email box, the green KPM icon apears on the login box and password box then when I click on the green icon in the login box it gives me both registered username/emails ie. it works fine!

Your first screenshot image of the KPM app is exactly as mine. istorm entered in top right seach box and no entries found.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, KDcyp99 said:

I just tested and Edge browser acts in exactly the same way as Chrome in that when I load up the login page and mouse click on the login email box, the green KPM icon appears on the login box and password box then when I click on the green icon in the login box it gives me both registered username/emails ie. it works fine!

1. Your first screenshot image of the KPM app is exactly as mine. istorm entered in top right search box and no entries found.

Hello @KDcyp99

Thank you for the information!

1. And what about: image two - search directly in KPM extension & image three - search in (your) MyKaspersky account / KPM - https://my.kaspersky.com/MyPasswords#/portal/pages/kpm/mainpassword
  2. Check (your) Windows for *any* outstanding Updates please? 
  • Just out of curiosity, we created an iStorm account, using KPM extension, with the site in Greek, i.e. not translated, KPM extension worked exactly as designed, no issues whatsoever -> *first* image set 1 & 2 below, furthermore it automatically created an entry in the KPM vault (on the laptop) & in (our) MyKaspersky KPM -> *second image set 1 & 2  - and then - we deleted the iStorm account from the KPM vault & it disappeared from the KPM browser extension - within seconds:                                                            image.thumb.png.eb2f67c32d867d52800f233f0f2fdb13.png image.thumb.png.c4a5fd845c09f49e3fa15640dc651702.png

• We'd recommend the following: 
  1. In the KPM vault, manually create an iStorm account, using the *working* email address & password, so (you're) adding *only* one working USERNAME (email) & Password -> then check & make sure the iStorm entry exists in the KPM vault, in the KPM extension & in (your) MyKaspersky KPM - as we've shown above in image set one 1. & image set two 1. & 2. 
  2. Create a KPM backup. 
  3. In Chrome & Edge - *remove* the KPM extensions: image.thumb.png.651d45cb197c7f0c2e7fb2226043ec6e.png
  4. In Chrome & Edge - Reset settings         image.thumb.png.c0cf559589b7cfd180b73c6c2f38e794.png
  5. Exit the browsers. 
  6. Uninstall KPM, follow: Uninstall the application
  7. Shutdown the computer using SHUTDOWN not Restart, when the computer if fully OFF  -  power ON by pressing the power button, login.
  8. Download a *new* KPM installer: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/password-manager
  9. Install KPM, follow: Install Kaspersky Password Manager on the computer
  10. Install the browser extensions, make sure to follow steps 1 to 6 of this guideInstall the Kaspersky Password Manager extension.
  11. Recheck in Chrome OR Edge - https://istorm.com.cy/customer/account/login/ - how many usernames are *offered* by KPM - at the USERNAME field - as (you've) shown in: image.thumb.jpeg.970899ef4d424a5bf70a722b83cb424e.jpeg

Take (your) time, there's no rush; it may look like a lot but it's all stuff (you're) already accomplished at doing. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
spelling

I'm unsure how to open the extension in Chrome like you 2nd image. I tested the 'my kaspersky. website search and it didn't find any results (see attached image).

Many many thanks for persevering with this. Unfortunately I am really stressfully busy and cannot prioritise this amount of admin based on the small inconvenience of the issue. I too would like to find the issue so I know it's not recurring but it's not possible right now for me. If the problem becomes worse, I will prioritise this and keep a link to all your helpful suggestions in this thread. My gut feel is that this is a foreign language website so maybe the Google translate I use to understand the site has saved the details differently so it's not recognised.

Thanks again for your time and effort! Let's watch this space.

image.thumb.png.8ac7890b95be75ddab79e4082a91b9ac.png

• Thanks 1