Scan Not Scanning

eeevaughn

I am running Win 8.1 and attempted a full virus scan on my computer.  After 14 hours (over night) it still says it has scanned 1% and is calculating the remaining time.  This computer usually scans very quickly.  I also tried a quick scan with no luck there either, as I received the same message about 1 % etc.  Any suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Sorry for the delay, but the computer won’t run the command as the disk is in use by another process.  I am wondering if this is due to Kaspersky as if I open the program both Quick Scan and Full scan show that they are working (at the 1% of disc level).

Sorry for the delay.  The computer with the problem is my wife’s and she needed to use it.  However, she told me of other issues she was having.  As it turns out, somehow Microsoft was not signing in correctly although it recognized her as an administrator, but all functions from opening new word processing files to running scans etc. must have been recognized as a user, not an administrator and without the proper Microsoft log in they would not function.  I went at that problem and things now work - including the quick scan I was trying to do yesterday.

all is well that ends well!  Thanks for the excellent help yesterday.  I appreciate it greatly.