SAFEKIDS - Background date and app permissions being turned off

LMS

I have the premium version of SafeKids and am monitoring two devices.  Initially when I installed on their phones everything worked well and the phone blocked per the time schedule I have put in. 

I have a couple of questions:

Does SafeKids use Background Data and therefore Data - both kids have pay as you go mobiles so don’t want it to eat up too much of their credit.

Second question - Background data has been disabled on both of their phones - will this prevent the restrictions from working when they are on WIFI?

Both phones are Alcatel 3 running Android 8.1.0

Every time I open SafeKids on their phones the app is switched off.  I thought it might be an issue with the update and and have uninstalled and reinstalled and restarted once I reinstalled.  Seems to be fine on the one phone for the moment but feel like it will revert to turning off the app again - like it did before.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Hello  @LMS,

Welcome!

I can clarify some information for you & also need to ask for some additional information from you please:

(A)

1. KSK version installed on both childrens’ Androids? 
  2. KSK version on your device?
  3. Regarding “Every time I open SafeKids on their phones the app is switched off”, you uninstalled & reinstalled KSK on both phones, now  "KSK OFF” issue persists on one phone or is fixed on both phones atm
  4. If  "KSK OFF” persists or returns, on one or both phones, may I have a video of what you see when you identify  "KSK OFF” on the children’s phones please? 
  5. IF "KSK OFF” persists or returns for one or both devices we need to check: 
  1. If Android 8.1.0 firmware is up-to-date?
  2. Phone date & time synchronised correctly?
  3. How much User Rom is available on the phone?
  4. How much internal shared storage is actually available?
  5. Is Power Manager configured? 
  6. Is Lite Mode enabled? 
  7. Is Extend Battery Life enabled?
  8. Is Smart Manager enabled? 
  9. Are any Accessibility services configured?
  10. Has Root / developer access been granted to the phone/
  11. Are any Sync services activated?
  12. Any “virtual” apps installed? 
  13. Any “remote” apps installed? 
  14. Is (phone) Settings blocked? 
  15. KSK permissions granted at an app level?
  16. KSK set to auto-update?
  17. Any other Kaspersky or AV software on the phone? 

(B)

Regarding “Does SafeKids use Background Data and therefore Data?”

KSK does use background data, "Where is my kid" for example, synchronises with Google Maps & does regular handshakes, otherwise, "Where is my kid" would not work. 
✅ If background (Mobile) data is OFF, the children will still receive KSK push messages and notifications, you’ll also receive KSK Notifications to your device, to your email & to your MyKaspersky account✅   

Please post back if there’s any outstanding issues or if I can be of any help?

Thank you🙏