Safe-search doesn't work on Chrome for Android

Fabio_B

As written in the title, recently safe-search is not activated when using Chrome, the only Browser Kaspersky Safe Kids supports. Search engine without said feature are also permitted. Finally, with the addition of the preview site option for Chrome (still in beta) you can access a site without actually reach its URL and remain in the google search page; this completely bypass the protection of KSK if that site pops up among the search results, that is if safe-search isn't working. This problem keeps on presenting itself since 6 weeks ago. In between, during a week safe-search was working alright, but then it all went back to the described situation. Do you acknowledge this SERIOUS issue? Are there fixes inbound?

Hello Fabio_B, Welcome! Please tell us: KSK version? Android Opsys & version? Any other Kaspersky software installed, e.g., KISA, if yes, name & version of "other" Kaspersky software? Beta vesion of ?, name & version? (keep in mind, many "Beta" products are not supported by Kaspersky) ***Recent changes information - beginning of March, Gooogle implemented a new Google Policy, to comply with the policy, i.e., continue to distribute Kaspersky software via GooglePlay Store, Kaspersky removed/modified KSK & KISA*** https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/ksk-kisa-descoping/26010/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=kd%20weekly%20digest This MAY have something to do with the issue you're reporting. Can you provide us with a sequence of screenshots showing the issue and the answers requested so we can target our help specific to your concerns please? Thanks!

KSK version: 1.17.0.907 OS: Android 9 Pie with One UI (Samsung S9 Plus) I also have installed: Kaspersky Internet Security 11.21.4.1922 I've read the article you linked. If it can help, I've never enable d the SMS and Call monitoring function. I forgot to mention that safe-search on the Google Search app works as intended. I've attached some screenshots of search results pages. Lastly this is the sneak-peak feature of chrome which lets you enter every blocked site indirectly if it appears among search result: The result:

Fabio_B, The Call/SMS article was to inform about the new GooglePlay Privacy policy - not only Call & SMS info.
  1. The screen prints don't help unless you add the sequence of steps describing the issue.
Let's try & sort out what the problem is:
  1. Google Search app opens web pages - KSK does not control this app unless you've configured KSK to manage it.
  2. Have you done that?
  3. Are the pages accessed via GoogleChrome browser or Google Search app redirect browser?
Please let us know? Thanks.

I reckon I wasn't clear. In order:
  1. Google search app: it works as intended (safe-search is correctly enforced and adult sites are blocked);
  2. Google Chrome app: adult sites are blocked but safe-search is not enforced (explicit images can be viewed in the image tab of the search results page;
  3. In addition, a new feature of Google Chrome, the one I highlighted in the second image, permits to bypass completely any block and reach adult sites. However, it works only if said site appears among the search results. That is, with safe-search enforced correctly this problem is solved automatically.

Fabio_B,
  1. Google Chrome app - has a name - what is that name?
  2. New feature of Google Chrome - has a name - what is that name?
  3. Google Search app - has a name - what is that name?
All apps have specific names that identify/differentiate each app from the other. Furthermore, all apps have versions, builds, specific info that identify/differentiate each release. For example, if I look at "Google Chrome" - browser, select: "Settings", select: "About Chrome"
  1. Chrome (application) name = z,
  2. Chrome application version = x,
  3. Chrome operating system = y
If 1. 2. & 3. are not specifically / individually KSK managed as per "block", "allow", etc., there are no limitations on them, KSK will "grant" permissions according to the KSK category 1 & 2 are in. If the KSK category is unmanaged: no limitations will be applied to ANY apps in that category. KSK category x - unmanaged - every app in x has access to every feature/function on phone. It's like: all the students are in class 6 - all class 6 students have permission to use the toilet, 3 class 6 students have additional permission to use the sickroom, bc, they have special permissions according to their specific needs. Please let us know? Thanks.

I am sorry but, are you messing with me? Google Chrome app name is Chrome, Google Search app name is Google and the feature I mentioned is called "Sneak Peak" or "Preview site", as mentioned in the first post I made. Regarding the app version: Chrome --> Chrome 74.0.3729.157 Google --> 9.88.7.21.arm64 Regarding the last part of the reply, Google Chrome is the only supported browser for Kaspersky Safe Kids (Google Search app uses Chrome to navigate, therefore blocks and safe-search are supported in it as well). https://support.kaspersky.com/12979 It is the only browser a kid can use to safely surf the internet with his program. It is nonsense to tell KSK to block it (or Google Search). The sneak peak feature is not an app by itself, but a feature of Google Chrome: it cannot be managed on its own. But if KSK works as it should (given it is the only supported browser), this feature doesn't cause any issue whatsoever. As I said in the beginning, the issue is that safe-search doesn't work at all on the only supported browser of KSK. Allowing and blocking apps doesn't apply in this case. With that being said, can you help me in any way?

• 11 months later...

I have exactly the same problem. Son showed me how he bypasses through chrome search page and within the page you can watch videos. Makes the app useless for screen time and child protection on Android. Feel sorry for the above poster who brought this to your attention and got nowhere.

Hello @Jerehada,

Welcome!

• Safe search does work in the Chrome browser, however, other apps (for example: the Google app,  Ok Google, Google assistant, all different to Google Chrome browser) can access websites (that Parents do not want their children to access) to piggyback, thus giving kids full access, Kaspersky are aware of the issue. 
  • Has access to Google Play Store, Settings and apps other than Google Chrome browser been blocked? 
  • Please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, they’ll need an AIDA64 Report, a detailed history, images and a video, and they may need KSK Traces, they will guide you if Traces are needed.
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share their advice with the Community, when it’s available? 

Please note: The Community is made up of users of Kaspersky software (like you) , all who give their time freely, to help other Community members (like you). There's a small team of Kaspersky employees - all of whom are clearly identifiable, bc, their profile shows "Kaspersky Lab Employee". For the most part, & from my observations, the willing helpers engage in providing technical analysis to address technical issues.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

About KSK application monitoring