SAFE MONEY: How can I import list of protected web sites from old installation to new machine?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I have been using KIS on a very old Windows 7 PC for many years and built up a long list (maybe 60) of sites to protect in Safe Money.  That machine is totally dead now and I have a new one with Windows 10 and 1TB SSD storage. I installed KIS onto it and connected the old HDD as simply additional storage. I can see the entire file structure of KIS on the old HDD and am hoping that the list of protected websites is held in a file that I can somehow incorporate into the new installation on the SSD.

Any ideas please?

6 minutes ago, chrisjwynn said:

I have been using KIS on a very old Windows 7 PC for many years and built up a long list (maybe 60) of sites to protect in Safe Money.  That machine is totally dead now and I have a new one with Windows 10 and 1TB SSD storage. I installed KIS onto it and connected the old HDD as simply additional storage. I can see the entire file structure of KIS on the old HDD and am hoping that the list of protected websites is held in a file that I can somehow incorporate into the new installation on the SSD.

Any ideas please?

Hello @chrisjwynn

Welcome!

Exporting the KIS Settings (configuration file) - refer: How to apply the application settings on another computer - would provide the list, however, that's no longer possible as the W7PC is dead, you may wish to log a request with Kaspersky support, they may have an alternative method; on the support page select either Chat or Email, then select Safe money issuesOther template; please include a detailed history

• Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

1 minute ago, chrisjwynn said:

OK thanks. Worth a try. I think I'll just add sites as and when I use them. Might try Support when I get the chance.

Hello @chrisjwynn

You're most welcome!

Moving forward, it never hurts to save the application config after each app change or, just as general housekeeping - e.g., once a month, then, if you ever need to recover - it's easy; especially if the file is saved to a cloud or usb. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

I just did an Export Settings and by default the NAME.cfg file is saved to C://users/username/documents.

Had a look on the old HDD for cfg files under  /username and there were none related to KIS unfortunately. Stuffed.

I'd like to close this now but couldn't see how.

• Like 1

• Solution
2 minutes ago, chrisjwynn said:

I just did an Export Settings and by default the NAME.cfg file is saved to C://users/username/documents.

Had a look on the old HDD for cfg files under /username and there were none related to KIS unfortunately. Stuffed.

I'd like to close this now but couldn't see how.

Hello @chrisjwynn

Thank you for posting back! 

• Correct, by default, the cfg file, saves to C://users/username/documents, unless (the user), decides to save to another location. 
  • IF you'd never exported the original cfg, there would not be a cfg file available, the app does not have the function to automatically save the cfg. 
  • To close the topic, select Best answer, to any answer in the replies that you think has been the most helpful, you may even select your own reply; selecting Best answer will mark the topic as Solved. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• The topic was locked