Safe Money and Google Brave

I recently had one computer fixed and purchased another. The tech installed Google Brave as the browser on both.

It appears that neither the Safe Money nor the Password Manager work with this new browser. In order for them to function they open Google Chrome. 

Has anyone in the community had this experience? Does anyone know if Kaspersky is working on making these features functional on Brave?

Hello @Hairy,

Welcome back!

• 🚫 Brave is not a supported browser🚫  
  • In all ‘supporting Brave’ discussions we’ve had with Kaspersky, they’ve advised this will not be happening in the foreseeable future😖

✅ KPM Supported browsers are: 

• Mozilla Firefox
  • Microsoft Edge Chromium
  • Internet Explorer
  • Google Chrome
  • Yandex browser

✅ For Safe Money/Protected browser, the protection is via the installed Kaspersky AV software: KAV, KIS, KTS and or KSecurity Cloud; the browsers that support Protected Browser mode are:

• Mozilla™ Firefox™ 52.x–65.x and later*
  • Mozilla Firefox ESR 52.x–60.x and later*
  • Microsoft Edge based on Chromium version 77.0.235.25 and later*
  • Google Chrome™ 48.x–72.x and later*
  • Yandex browser 18.3.1–19.0.3 and later* (with limitations
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0 and later*
    Internet Explorer versions 8.0–11.0 in the new Windows interface style are not supported.
  • *Support of newer versions of these browsers is possible, but not guaranteed in full.
  •  KAV, KIS, KTS and or KSecurity Cloud supports Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox on both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. Internet Explorer 11.0 is not supported in Compatibility Mode on Microsoft Windows 10 RS5 and later.

❓ Did the tech set Brave as the system default browser

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Thanks for the clarification.

No, my tech didn’t set Brave as the default browser. I did. I’ve since switched back to Chrome and the Kaspersky features are once again working.

• 6 months later...

Hello @Hairy

Some news:

Note, patches are distributed automatically, in staggered distributions, if patch(n), has not immediately arrived, rest assured, it will arrive eventually. 

Note1: no current news regarding Kaspersky protection extension for either Vivaldi & or Brave, however, now that the KPM extension has been provided, maybe KPE will follow at some stage🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋