safe kids notifying me user tried to open byitself

jerrymouse

Hi i am using safe kids on sons user account for win 10. I have blocked and forbidden somethings. However i keep getting notifications for items that were not being used. For example: both firefox and ie say user tried to use/open said app. The apps are set to forbidden. The user hasn't tried to use,  i sat and watched. The situation happens all day long.  I am unable to figure out how to stop the constant notifications about these items. Any info is greatly appreciated.  Thank you, BB

Hello @jerrymouse, BB, 

Welcome!

1. KSK blocks based on Categories as well as explicit blocks. 
  2. The child’s age dictates some of the rules KSK applies. 
  3. May we know your son’s age please? 
  4. In our test we can see KSK generates an alert of Firefox, even tho Firefox has not been used, we could not replicate the same issue with Internet Explorer, to enable us to test further, may we have screen prints of the problem and or a full list of all applications that are blocked but not activated/used, by your child? 
  5. Is KSK subscription license or free? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• 3 weeks later...

Hi yes my version is licensed. Internet explorer notifications keep occurring at the same time consecutively each day. I will have to post several screen shots of the apps and info. The child is 13 yrs old with a learning disability. So he needs to be monitored differently. 

I keep getting notifications for items that were not being used. For example: both Firefox and i.e. say user tried to use/open said app. The apps are set to forbidden. The user hasn't tried to use,  i sat and watched. The situation happens all day long. KSK is licensed. Internet explorer notifications keep occurring at the same time consecutively each day. I will have to post several screen shots of the apps and info. The child is 13 yrs old with a learning disability. So he needs to be monitored differently. 

Hello @jerrymouse

Thank you for posting back & the information👌

We cannot replicate the issue. 

If you’ve uninstalled & clean installed KSK with a new installer & the issue persists: log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, on the contacts page, select your Location, select Application use, select from available options: ONLINE CHAT (not available all locations) PHONE (not available all locations), SUBMIT A REQUEST - via your MyKaspersky account; Support may request Traces run as the issue is replicated, they will step you thru the collection of these if required, include a detailed history, KSK Report(s), images & a video → it will help the Support team understand the issue: 

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋