Safe Kids iOS problems

LF FL

A couple of issues on iOS.

1) I have the a Safe Browser installed in addition to Safe Kids on an iPad running iOS 13. However, the blocked website categories in Safe Browser do not sync to the child’s profile. And setting them in the Safe Browser settings is useless because they can easily be changed by the child.

2) when I attempt to turn off Device Use monitoring in that profile, it always comes back on. Before I added the iPad to the profile, it just had one Android phone and I was able to turn off Device Use monitoring.

Hello @LF FL,

Welcome!

Please tell us:

• Childs iPad, iOS13:
  1. KSK version?
  2. When KSK was (first) installed on Child’s iPad, what KSK profile was configured?
  3. Child’s age/configuration profile? Has the age/configuration profile been changed since installing KSK?
  4. Which browser is enabled for KSK?
  5. Are any other browsers installed? 
  6. Is TouchID or FaceID active/enabled on iPad-iOS13?
  7. Is it all website categories not syncing with the child’s profile or some? May I have images of this specific problem please? 
  • Your device
  1. Device name? operating system? version?
  2. KSK version?
  3. Is KSK licensed?
  4. Have you raised any of the issues with Kaspersky Technical Support? 
  5. Have you uninstalled KSK on either device? 
  • In your MyKaspersky KSK Summary, can you download the 7day Report, upload to cloud and pm the link for me please? 

Please let me know?

Thank you.

iOS KSK Library

Application use cannot be restricted on your child's iOS devices.

iOS devices (device use) cannot be blocked due to operating system limitations.

• Childs iPad, iOS13:
  1. KSK version? 1.38.0.14
  2. When KSK was (first) installed on Child’s iPad, what KSK profile was configured? 2-Nov-2019, child profile
  3. Child’s age/configuration profile? Has the age/configuration profile been changed since installing KSK? Over 16 years, no change since initial install
  4. Which browser is enabled for KSK? Safari disabled via Screen Time. Only Kaspersky Safe Browser installed and enabled
  5. Are any other browsers installed? No
  6. Is TouchID or FaceID active/enabled on iPad-iOS13? TouchID
  7. Is it all website categories not syncing with the child’s profile or some? May I have images of this specific problem please? All categories may be changed at will in the Safe Browser settings panel, except for phishing and malware. Screen shots attached below.

• Your device
  1. Device name? operating system? version? Making all changes via My.Kaspersky website on a Windows 10 PC
  2. KSK version? n/a
  3. Is KSK licensed? Yes
  4. Have you raised any of the issues with Kaspersky Technical Support? Not yet. This is my first time dealing with KSK on an iOS device. It’s enough different from Windows and Android that I wanted to be sure I understood how it SHOULD work before logging a trouble ticket.
  5. Have you uninstalled KSK on either device? No. 
  • In your MyKaspersky KSK Summary, can you download the 7day Report, upload to cloud and pm the link for me please?  Done yesterday. Please confirm.

Hello @LF FL,

Thank you for posting back, the information, images and the report.

1. I did confirm the report, you may not have see my message. The report format is .pdf, I can’t extract the data.
  2. Was the report downloaded from your MyKapsersky account on the Windows PC, the format is .csv.
  3. The images, are you configuring KSK on the (childs) iOS?
  4. Just to confirm, you don’t have KSK software (Parent) installed on any device, is that correct? 

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

1. I will upload it again as a text file and PM you a new link
  2. I will do so
  3. Yes, those are from the Safe Browser categories setting panel on the iOS device which is connected to the Child’s profile and has KSK active
  4. Parent app is installed on an Android phone. I don’t have access to that phone right now to check the version, but it auto updates from the Google Play store.

Hello   @LF FL,

Thank you for the images, report and additional information👏 .

1st issue:  “block” access to (changing) SafeBrowser “settings/functions” but, not block SafeBrowser from working.

(imo), iOS/KSK cannot be used to “control” changing SafeBrowser settings, while, at the same time, allow for SafeBrowser to be used by the child for safe web access, however, I’ve raised the issue with the Kaspersky experts for a definitive answer… 

However, the current iOS/KSK documentation “also” states: App Control is back on iOS. You can continue to control and restrict applications by age. Just update Kaspersky Safe Kids on the child's iOS device, and then follow the instructions.

Additional notes below to read while we wait for the experts. 

2nd (possible) issue, not related to SafeBrowser, however, please read the Touch ID and Face ID documentation to ensure the use of the TouchID feature will not cause any issues for you/your child. 

I’ll update you as soon as I hear anything.

Thank you🙏 . 

--

NB1 KSK allows or limits Application Use: (Not available for iOs)

NB2 Specific settings for applications regardless of their category. Use the Application list to edit the settings for each application (Not available for iOs)

Application monitoring: Not available in the latest versions of the iOS appKaspersky Safe Kids limitations for iOS 13 operating system

Kaspersky Safe Kids for iOS on a device running iOS 13 operating system:

• The child profile cannot be protected with an access code. 
  • You can still block access to selected websites and gather statistics on your child's Internet activity with the help of Kaspersky Safe Kids browser for iOS.
  • Safari browser will not be hidden automatically, unlike with previous versions of iOS operating system. However, your child will also be able to open Safari browser which is bundled with Apple's operating systems. The restrictions set in Kaspersky Safe Kids will not apply to Safari browser.

NB3 KSK Application monitoring

• On iOS devices, KSK hides apps that are not appropriate for the child's age. The icons are not displayed on the home screen. Specifically, Kaspersky Safe Kids hides all installed browsers on child’s iOS devices, because browsers have a rating of 17+ according to the rules of the App Store. The child must use Kaspersky Safe Kids to browse the Internet.