safe Kids: does the Android Settings app need to be blocked?

Hi. I just started using Safe Kids to limit my 13 year old child's Android phone. He complains that now he can't use the Settings app, therefore can't activate a Hotspot to share his.connection, connect to a new WiFi network, set up a new Bluetooth devoce, etc. Does the Settings app need to be fully blocked? Cant i block certain functions within settings only? ( so child cant disable the app, for example?) Thanks!

He can't use the Settings app, therefore can't activate a Hotspot to share his.connection, connect to a new WiFi network, set up a new Bluetooth devoce, etc.. Does the Settings app need to be fully blocked? Cant i block certain functions within settings only?
Hello Indigo, Welcome! There are a number of configuration settings to check. ---
  1. Could you let us know please: android operating system type & version? (of your son's device)
  2. KSK, free? or premium? (free has limitations on various features, if we know this we can target our advice specific to the sofware in use).
  3. KSK version?
  4. May I have screen images of the settings that have been configured please?
----
  1. IF https://my.kaspersky.com/MyKids/xx/Rules/Applications#/ Settings is set to FORBIDDEN, your son will not be able to access WIFI, BlueTooth. (Not sure what else covers ".etc").
  2. IF Settings is set to RESTRICTED, "Specify how many hours a day child can use application", in this case, suppose your son wanted to access WIFI, BlueTooth. 24 hours a day, that's how this would be configured.
  3. IF AGE RESTRICTIONS = block apps by age restrictions, KSK is set to default for your son's age group - 12 > 15.
---- Please let me know 1 > 4? Many thanks.

• 1 year later...

The question is whether is the Android Settings app need to be blocked to prevent kids disabling KSK, not how to block Android Settings app.

So can the child disable KSK (e.g. Disable write/display above apps etc) if given access to android settings app? That not being answered 

• 1 year later...

I’m having this exact same problem with my 2 teenage son’s phone. They are Galaxy a12 phones. How do I give them access to hot spot, software updates and Bluetooth without giving them full access to the settings? Or can I give them access to settings without them being able to disable KSK??

1. How do I give them access to hot spot, software updates and Bluetooth without giving them full access to the settings?
  2. Or can I give them access to settings without them being able to disable KSK??

Hello @Lollipop,

Welcome!

1. Bluetooth & Mobile hotspot can be enabled & or disabled via Quick access panel. Software updates can only be accessed via Settings
  2. No, Kaspersky blocks Settings by Default, because Settings is the doorway to controlling the phone. 
  3. Regarding Quick access, unfortunately child have the ability to disable GPS/Location, Kaspersky have no solution for this. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳