Safe Kids blocks logging into online accounts

mikec123

Kaspersky Safe Kids blocks logging into websites, specifically Brainpop.com but generally any website that might be loosely be considered a “social app”.  I have added brainpop.com to the, “Allowed” list.  Restricted Categories only include Adult Content and Anonymizers as “Forbiden”, several others are “Warning”.  Other sites she cannot log into are twitch, spotify...

Social Network monitoring appears to limited to Facebook and VK, don’t see anywhere to allow (or prevent) logging into website accounts.  Could this be related to Popup or Banner blocking? Have not seen this myself, going by information from 13 year old at this point, she says getting the KSK popup warning but I am not getting notifications from Kaspersky where I have been in the past.

Browser: Chrome 

Kids birth year: 2007

Running Kaspersky Safe Kids as well as Total Security, unsure of version, downloaded & installed November/December of 2020 and they appear up to date.

Hi, thanks for the welcome!

I left the default settings when I installed the software and I have been editing the settings via my.kaspersky.com.  Have not used the mobile app.  For what it’s worth, I have used various versions of Kaspersky security over the years and found managing the configuration settings online to be a nice feature.  This is my first experience with Safe Kids. 

Hope this provides some insight.

Thanks

Hello @mikec123

Thank you for the information👌

Re: “Social Network monitoring appears to limited to Facebook and VK”, correct, Social Network monitoring only monitors FB & VK, after setting up the KSK, Social Network monitoring  link to either Fb & or VK. There’s no Forbidden, Allow, Restricted.  

To find version & patch(x) of both KSK & KTS → on the Windows Taskbar, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About ? → image 1 & 2

We created a default child 2007 age profile → images 1 & 2 & tested:

Spotify, no issues whatsoever → image 5

Twitch,  no issues whatsoever → image 6

Brainpop.com no issues accessing the site, however, it requires a subscription & even tho we did try to enrol & spoke with their support, it was not possible

KSK About

KTS About

2007 profile 

2007 default

Spotify

Twitch

KSK Report

Facebook

KSK Notification Settings

1. Check the KSK Report, are there any entries for Brainpop, Twitch & Spotify, there should be, please screen print the Report & add to your topic?
  2. Please screen print the Brainpop, Twitch & Spotify popup warnings your child is seeing & add to your topic? 
  3. Specific to the Brainpop issues we encountered, may we know your Country location please?
  4. Re “Could this be related to Popup or Banner blocking?”, by  KTS, possibly, however, the KSK warnings/blocks would not show, your daughter would see something else… Screen prints of what she sees will help us determine what the problem(s) is. 
  5. IF KTS is paused & exited, can your daughter access: brainpop, twitch & spotify → please check? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

1. Check the KSK Report, are there any entries for Brainpop, Twitch & Spotify, there should be, please screen print the Report & add to your topic?
  2. Please screen print the Brainpop, Twitch & Spotify popup warnings your child is seeing & add to your topic? 
  3. Specific to the Brainpop issues we encountered, may we know your Country location please?
  4. Re “Could this be related to Popup or Banner blocking?”, by  KTS, possibly, however, the KSK warnings/blocks would not show, your daughter would see something else… Screen prints of what she sees will help us determine what the problem(s) is. 
  5. IF KTS is paused & exited, can your daughter access: brainpop, twitch & spotify → please check? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

1. there is nothing in the KSK report. 
  2. Screen shot of blocked log-in from computer with KSK:  
    linked page on computer with KSK
    Note the blank bar with the X is Kaspersky green but not the normal blocked website message.  On the KSK computer I can log into Brainpop from the front page and then access the linked page, but when trying to log in from the linked page we get the popup error instead on login window above.  On my computer which only has Kaspersky Total Security, no KSK, the linked page works normally to log in (see image below) 
    linked page on computer with only KTS, no KSK

3. Country: USA

4. She assumed it was KSK blocking the log-in, the pop-up and lack of KSK Report make me think otherwise. Don’t always get the full story from a teenager who is freaking out because she can’t take her science quiz.

5. She can access Twitch and Spotify since I added them to the approved list, I verified tonight.  Brainpop can be accessed but only from their homepage, not the linked page that her school sent out.  Logging in from the homepage first enables the linked page to be opened.

So it appears the problem is not quite as I originally described but still seemingly related to KSK or poss ibly KTS.  I’d appreciate any more insight you might have.  Thanks.

Hello @mikec123

Thank you for posting back, the images & the additional information👌

If your daughter is freaking out about missing the brainpop quizz, you may wish to turn off KSK temporarily, to enable her to complete it. 

Interesting to read, with exclusions applied for twitch & spotify, both those sites are now working, ordinarily, they work without the need to apply Allow exclusions🤔

1. For Kaspersky green see image 1 
  2. The brainpop blank login that displays, if your daughter accesses via a link the school provided, when you/she is on that screen, does the (KTS) Kaspersky Protection extension icon (top right hand corner of the browser window) show a number count, we cannot see because the images are not full screen
  3. Open the (KTS) Kaspersky Protection icon, is Anti-Banner allowed? 
  4. Open the (KTS) Kaspersky Protection icon, is Private browsing allowed? 
  5. Please tell us KSK & KTS version & patch(x) → on the Windows Taskbar, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About ?
  6. At the brainpop login, using the link the school provided, position the cursor on the blank coloured area - where the login fields should be → image 2, rightclick, select Inspect → image 3, select Console tab, move the cursor to the body of the log (where there’s data), rightclick, select Save as → image 4, save the Console log → image 5, change the Console log file extension from .log to .txt → image 6, attach📎 the Console log to your topic using the paperclip📎 icon please?

RHS image Kaspersky green

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi Flood, 

Even though there is nothing in the KSK report, the first thing we need to do is to find out the guilty product: KTS or KSK.

Hi @mikec123 , 

Pause protection/Exit KTS, restart browser, will the issue persist? If pausing helps, try to disable Anti-Banner/Private Browsing/Web Anti-Virus to see which component is causing the problem. 

If exiting KTS does not help, try to pause/exit Kaspersky Safe Kids. Let us know of the results.