safe kids block windows 10 desktop at the startup

jimy123

After I installing and configuring Kaspersky Safe Kids application, my Windows 10 desktop and taskbar are not showing up anymore, I went through Windows troubleshooting to fix the problem, It’ turned out that is the Safe Kids ‘s fault, I uninstalled and   every thing came to normal.

Hello @jimy123

Welcome!

1. Windows 10 version & build → in Windows search🔎 type    winver  press enter, the popup will show the required information
  2. Is there any anti-virus software installed? If “yes”, name & version
  3. Is  Kaspersky Safe Kids (KSK) Premium or Free?
  4. Run a GSI & Windows Logs & post back please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

I installed Kids Safe on octobre 12th, when I turned on the computer the next day, I was getting only a black screen with the mouse arrow, In the event-viewer there is an error event 10005 ShellHWDetection with no argument, I checked Shell parameter in the registery and It was fine (Shell = explorere.exe)

@jimy123 From your Windows Event Log :

Warning
Application 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Safe Kids 1.0.5\safekidsui.exe' (pid 18684) cannot be restarted.  Application SID does not match Conductor SID..

Warning    
2020/10/14 04:50:25 MsiInstaller 1015”

Did you install safe kids under standard user or as ADMIN.

Hello @jimy123,

Thank you for the data👌

Please do the following:

1. Confirm the modified Hosts file is “by choice”? 
  2. Confirm all Windows updates have a successfully applied status? 
  3. Create a System restore point. 
  4. Delete the contents of C:\Users\Melary\AppData\Local\Temp\
  5. Uninstall Kaspersky Total Security (20.0.14.1085), save License information only, follow the documentation carefully
  6. Clean install Kaspersky Total Security (21.1.15.500) & make sure the software updates to patch C - follow the documentation carefully. 
  7. If you’re still unable to successfully install KSK using the parent account which has elevated permissions, raise a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application malfunction, Other template → see following image, provide as much information as possible, with images, also, in the request, include a link/URL to this Community topic, include a new GSI & Windows Logs

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • Post the incident number in your topic please? 
  • When feedback from the Kaspersky Technical Team is available, please share it here with the Kaspersky Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋