Revo Uninstaller Pro auto update connection is being Blocked

PaddB

I have been trying to get the Auto Update function of Revo Uninstaller Pro to work and, after a lot of checking of firewall settings etc I finally traced the problem to Kaspersky AntiViruse (free edition) Once AV was temporarily switched off, Revo could connect successfully. What do I have to change so that I don’t have this problem in future? I believe that a similar problem also blocked ReadIris 17 but I got round that by another route.

Hello @PaddB,

Welcome!

1. Which Kaspersky Free product is installed, name, version & patch?
  2. Please export the Kaspersky Report, open Kaspersky, select More Tools, select Reports, select Detailed Reports, find the Revo Uninstaller Pro detections, export the Report, save as a .txt file, attach📎 to your reply please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

It has now been resolved by Revo Support (they were very quick in their reply too!) What I needed to do was add the Revo exe  file to the exclusion list which, until now, I didn’t even know existed. Everything is now working as intended. Thank you very much for your fast response.

Hello @PaddB

You’re most welcome☺!

• As a test, we installed Revo Uninstaller Pro, Kaspersky automatically trusts the software, accordingly, it’s unusual that a Revo exe exclusion was necessary🤔 ; additionally, we installed a earlier Revo Uninstaller Pro version, with auto-update enabled, the update ran - uninterrupted, again, Kaspersky automatically trusts the software and all associated processes

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳