Renewal cost

cht1954

I have received advice that my current licence (1 device, 2yrs) expires shortly. The offer is AUD106 which includes a 60% discount which makes the full price AUD265! If I go online to buy the same product from the Kaspersky website it is around AUD65. How can this be possible?

26 minutes ago, cht1954 said:

I have received advice that my current licence (1 device, 2yrs) expires shortly. The offer is AUD106 which includes a 60% discount which makes the full price AUD265! If I go online to buy the same product from the Kaspersky website it is around AUD65. How can this be possible?

Hello @cht1954

Welcome!

👉To help us see what you see, may we have both URLs OR a full screen-screen print for both sites, you're looking at please? 

1. Also, in-our-experience & a complaint reported here in the Community is: Kaspersky's renewal 'offers' are not comparative/competitive with their existing online offers. 
  2. Another also, Kaspersky Total Security is from Kaspersky's old software range, it will eventaully reach end-of-life, Kaspersky have not announced an end-date *but* they have competed  their rollout of the *new* range, you may wish to read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T
  3. Kaspersky Total Security *old* can be upgraded to Kaspersky Plus, the upgrade is *free*, it's a like for like upgrade, Kaspersky Plus comes with Kaspersky Premium Password Manager, KSK & Standard/Limited VPN. 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar

Hi, I have Kaspersky premium for 10 devices + safe kids. I never pay for renewal, you never get the best prices. I'm French and I had a message warning me that I had to renew (1 month left). I called Kaspersky support and had them stop the auto renewal. I wanted to buy a new licence on Amazon. The guy was kind enough to tell me that there's a Black Friday offer with 62% off the normal price. Instead of 135 euros (224 AUD), i paid 49,99 euros (83 AUD). 

Since the subscription started when I purchased this licence, the guy offered me an extra month since my current licence ends in 30 days.

• Like 2

1. 1 hour ago, cht1954 said:
    1. renewal offer Kaspersky License Renewal | Home Users | Kaspersky
    2. Here is the current pricing which I note has reduced since yesterday - the renewal cost certainly hasn't though

Hi @cht1954

Thank you for the information!

1. Outraegous. 
  2. No-one in their right mind would purchase renewal when there's offers such as the current price. 

As we said in our first reply & as we've also seen on - sadly - too many occasions -  here in the Community - Kaspersky subscribers complaining about the outrageous costs for Kaspersky renewals - so, what to do? 

From Kaspersky Customer Service: IF the license / subscription is the *same* - so KTS/KTS or Kaspersky Plus / Kaspersky Plus & the *expiry* period is 30 days or less, Kaspersky Customer Service will add the 30 days - HOWEVER - if the subscription software license is *different*, so, for example KTS / Kaspersky Premium, Kaspersky Customer Service must refer the issue to their experts & *nothing* is guaranteed; same if the existing subscription has in excess of 30 days before expiry & the subscriber wishes to *add* a new license before the existing license expires - all those cases must be referred to Kaspersky's expert team & nothing is guaranteed. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

grammar

• 1 month later...

My renewal notice for end Jan 2024 just came through.

Same as others, renewal is FULL price.  New subs are hugely discounted.  I found the emails for my current sub... at the "new" discounted price.

So, is it NORMAL for Kaspersky customers to CANCEL & buy a new sub?

Something needs to be changed with pricing strategy.... maybe some customers do not cancel & rebuy on time... & end up paying a FULL PRICE by mistake??

On 1/2/2024 at 6:38 PM, rhubear said:

My renewal notice for end Jan 2024 just came through.

Same as others, renewal is FULL price.  New subs are hugely discounted.  I found the emails for my current sub... at the "new" discounted price.

So, is it NORMAL for Kaspersky customers to CANCEL & buy a new sub?

Something needs to be changed with pricing strategy.... maybe some customers do not cancel & rebuy on time... & end up paying a FULL PRICE by mistake??

It's normal to cancel your automatic renewal and renew manually, especially with the new subscription plans since they come with automatic renewal turned on.

If you notice that you got charged by an automatic renewal, you can always contact Kaspersky Customer Service to request a refund if it's within 30 days. Suppose you mentioned that it's because of the price, there should be no issue.

Automatic renewal is more tailored for people who want to use the application because of having to renew yearly/manually.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My own subscription is also now dur for renewal.  It's a two year Kaspersky Plus two year, five device package bought almost two years ago.  I had a package before that and when renewal time arrive the price was extortionate and what I ended up doing, at the recommendation of someone on this forum was to buy a much cheaper new package instead.  

At this time when I press the renew licence button on Kaspersky Plus it takes me to a web page which states:

Kaspersky Security Cloud is not longer available. Upgrading to our new security plan only takes a couple of minutes and you will get powerful new features, plus those you already use.

Real-Time Antivirus

Unlimited Premium VPN

Premium 24/7 Remote IT Support

It's therefore recommending a change of product to Premium and gives a price of £109.99 for the same five devices, two years setup.

If I don't press the upgrade button but rather go to the web site as a new customer I can get the Premium package for five devices but only one year (it won't sell for two years) for £22.99 which will then automatically renew at £57.99 per year.  So over two years it would ultimately cost £80.98.  Hence, just like two years ago its cheaper to buy new (£29.01 cheaper this time) instead of renewing.  

And if I go to Amazon I can buy a new Kaspersky Premium with five devices and two years subscription, which I can't buy on Kaspersky's own web site, for £22.99.   That's £87 cheaper than renewing and £57.99 cheaper than using Kaspersky's own web site.  To me it looks as if Kaspersky's treatment of returning loyal customers remains very poor, as it was when I last renewed.  It just seems to be a big rip off.   I've been a customer for around 8 years.

Sorry, the Kaspersky security app on my Windows 10 PC suggests its  Security Plus but when logged into the web site, my account details suggests its Kaspersky Security Cloud that I have.  All other details posted above should be correct.

49 minutes ago, Paul4A said:

My own subscription is also now due for renewal.  It's a two year Kaspersky Plus two year, five device package bought almost two years ago.  I had a package before that and when renewal time arrive the price was extortionate and what I ended up doing, at the recommendation of someone on this forum was to buy a much cheaper new package instead.  

At this time when I press the renew licence button on Kaspersky Plus it takes me to a web page which states:

Kaspersky Security Cloud is not longer available. Upgrading to our new security plan only takes a couple of minutes and you will get powerful new features, plus those you already use.

Real-Time Antivirus

Unlimited Premium VPN

Premium 24/7 Remote IT Support

It's therefore recommending a change of product to Premium and gives a price of £109.99 for the same five devices, two years setup.

If I don't press the upgrade button but rather go to the web site as a new customer I can get the Premium package for five devices but only one year (it won't sell for two years) for £22.99 which will then automatically renew at £57.99 per year.  So over two years it would ultimately cost £80.98.  Hence, just like two years ago its cheaper to buy new (£29.01 cheaper this time) instead of renewing.  

And if I go to Amazon I can buy a new Kaspersky Premium with five devices and two years subscription, which I can't buy on Kaspersky's own web site, for £22.99.   That's £87 cheaper than renewing and £57.99 cheaper than using Kaspersky's own web site.  To me it looks as if Kaspersky's treatment of returning loyal customers remains very poor, as it was when I last renewed. 

1. It just seems to be a big rip off.   
  2. I've been a customer for around 8 years.

34 minutes ago, Paul4A said:

A - Sorry, the Kaspersky security app on my Windows 10 PC suggests its  Security Plus but when logged into the web site, my account details suggests its Kaspersky Security Cloud that I have.  All other details posted above should be correct.

Hello @Paul4A

Welcome back!

1. We agree.
  2. (ioo) Kaspersky does not *reward* Customer loyalty; never have, sad but true. 
  3. Commonsense & economics - if we were making the purchase we would not be throwing our money down the drain for the privilege of receiving an annual email reminder that our subscription needed to be renewed.  

A.  When you first upgraded / converted Kaspersky Security Cloud it was to Kaspersky Plus, but now the renewal offerings appear to be Kaspersky Premium & just to make it more confusing, Kaspersky appear to have returned to using the *old* names as well as the new names for their software - so now they seem to be calling Kaspersky PREMIUM Total Security & Kaspersky PLUS Internet Security & Kaspersky STANDARD Anti-Virus

Even tho, in: Kaspersky: we’re starting a new digital life, they wrote: 

The first thing experienced users of our products will probably notice is the name. We introduce a new and simplified naming structure of our consumer product line, which elevates to a brand level and is now founded on its name — Kaspersky.

Genius lies in simplicity
As we said earlier, our protection for home users is now based on the brand name “Kaspersky.” “Internet Security” and “Security Cloud” are gone, so you won’t mix them up again. After all, if you ask one of our customers which antivirus software they use, what do they usually say? “Kaspersky.” That’s what our product is called now — it’s stunningly simple!

KSC-2024-01-13_185115.thumb.png.dee3322e02f95752519c9e336a0999a6.png🙄

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

removed white space
  • Like 1

Thanks Flood.

I bought the Premium version on Amazon but because I left it a day before buying the price had gone by £10 up to £33.99.  Still, a much better price than renewing.

So I have the purchase in Amazon and the activation code but can't find the download.  Amazons instructions suggest that it's on the 'Your Account - Your Games and Software Library Screen'  but its not.  Listed are two software packages I've purchased along with their activation codes (one is the new Kaspersky Premium) but there's no download button whereas Amazon's instructions, and ive cycled through them suggests it should be. 

The screen indicates:

Supported browsers include:
  • Firefox
  • Google Chrome
  • Internet Explorer
  • Safari
  1. Go to Your Games and Software Library.
  2. Select Download next to the game or software you want to download.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions. Select How to redeem this item if you need help with activating your product.
  4. When the download completes, proceed with installation of the game or software.
    Tip: If your purchase includes a code, check Locate and Redeem Your Digital Software or Video Games. Enter the code when prompted during the installation process.

There is no Download button to select.  Amazon's AI doesn't seem to offer any suitable help to this problem.

I use Windows 10 Professional with Microsoft Edge browser which is built on Google Chrome.  I use Kaspersky as described above and have no pup-up blocker.  

I had a quick look on Kaspersky's site to see if I could download it from there, not knowing if the Amazon activation code would work using that approach.  From the sitemap page Sitemap | Kaspersky I can see that there's a download for Premium but when I pressed that it downloads a file called kaspersky4win202121.15.8.493en_33703.exe   I've not gone any further. 

Any suggestions on a way forward in ensuring I get a download that works with this Amazon bought activation coade?

• Thanks 1

Thanks Berny.   Obviously there should have been a button on Amazon's web page but there wasn't and I don't know why that was, but never mind if I can circumvent that by downloading direct from Kaspersky.

I assume that once my current Plus / Security Cloud subscription expires  then I run the exe file and install the new Premium and use the new activation code.   I'll have to set a reminder in my calendar to do that on the specific date.  Do I have to do some sort of uninstall for the old Kaspersky first?

I use the Kaspersky app on my iPhone and iPad as well.  Will I just have to log into that with the new activation code?

While I'm on, one of the features of the new Premium version is 'unlimited superfast VPN'.   There's little clarity on that so Is that unlimited data and does it cover servers across the globe?  My current Kaspersky VPN only gives 500Mb per day which isn't very much and only has UK servers so is hardly hiding my location.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Paul4A said:
  1. Obviously there should have been a button on Amazon's web page but there wasn't and I don't know why that was, but never mind if I can circumvent that by downloading direct from Kaspersky.
  2. I assume that once my current Plus / Security Cloud subscription expires  then I run the exe file and install the new Premium and use the new activation code.   I'll have to set a reminder in my calendar to do that on the specific date. 
  3. Do I have to do some sort of uninstall for the old Kaspersky first?
  4. I use the Kaspersky app on my iPhone and iPad as well.  Will I just have to log into that with the new activation code?
  5. While I'm on, one of the features of the new Premium version is 'unlimited superfast VPN'.   There's little clarity on that so Is that unlimited data and does it cover servers across the globe?  My current Kaspersky VPN only gives 500Mb per day which isn't very much and only has UK servers so is hardly hiding my location.

Hello @Paul4A

Thank you for posting back & the extra questions!

1. 👉According to the Amazon website - it says: You can access this item in Your Software Library - which redirects (you) to (your) account with (your) download - did you sign into that redirection portal?👈
  2. Correct.
  3. Yes, uninstall the existing software, using Windows Add or remove programs = the standard method of uninstalling applications - during the uninstall, there's a prompt to save data for future use - do not save the Activation code of the expired software & at the *end* on the uninstall, make sure the computer is shutdown, using Shutdown, not restart, power on the computer by pressing the power button, login, go to: https://www.kaspersky.co.uk/downloads/premium & download the Premium exe for installation - read: How to install or remove the application &  How to activate a subscription on your device
  4. Read: iOS, Installing and uninstalling the app, once the software is installed (you) will be able to synchronise the app with the Premium subscription in (your) MyKaspersky account. 
  5. Kaspersky Premium comes with Unlimited VPN for the Subscriber account exclusively - if the subscription has multiple User Accounts - all other User accounts get Kaspersky Standard/Free VPN - only the Premium account *owner* get's Unlimited VPN, the information is shown in (your) MyKaspersky account: on the Subscriptions tab / Apps *section*.
  6. This shows a Premium subscription - not yet activated, for 10 User accounts & 10 devices = Kaspersky Premium software available to be installed on 10 devices, 10 Kaspersky Premium Password managers, Unlimited VPN on 10 devices - all under the Subscriber account OR Limited / Free VPN on any device, with any other User accountpremium-10-dev-10-users.thumb.png.599665810b598b14b40988fd96c657d4.png

Any questions or issues, please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Added extra question. Added resources.

@Paul4A You are welcome

2 hours ago, Paul4A said:

Thanks Berny.   Obviously there should have been a button on Amazon's web page but there wasn't and I don't know why that was, but never mind if I can circumvent that by downloading direct from Kaspersky.

I always recommend - e.g. also in a case of a boxed version or an activation card - to download the latest official version from the Kaspersky website or My Kaspersky.

@Paul4A

Yes , i noticed your quote  in this Topic :

"There is no Download button to select"

Anyway your best option is the Kaspersky website download page that you provided,
the installer "kaspersky4win202121.15.8.493en_33703.exe" is the latest version.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just today bought a "new" license for my Kaspersky software (rather than renewing).

I had to "disconnect" the devices (2) from the Kaspersky account, delete the software on device (although I didn't do it as thoroughly as described above), download software again from Kaspersky, log into Kaspersky from the software on device.

I'm finding this whole experience w Kaspersky to be overly tedious.  Although theoretically one IS bucking the standard renew procedure & buying the first-year-intro offer again.... So jumping through hoops as a workaround to their pricing.

Does anyone just renew using the full-2nd-year pricing?

13 hours ago, Berny said:

@rhubear  Was your new license available in your My Kaspersky portal ?

Subscription was visible under "Subscriptions".

You manage the devices licenses from the subscription perspective.  

I had to disconnect each device under the old (but still active for few days) subscription.

Then uninstall software on the device (1 device at a time).  Then download the software via Kaspersky site, from under the New Subscription.  Then from the device, once software newly installed, choose the subscription to connect to... older expiring, or newer Subscription.   Once I'd connected each device to the correct subscription, works fine.

The Subscriptions DO NOT have an "activation code" attached, even though the software allows you to "add Activate Code".  You're supposed to manage the software via the Subscription, not activation code.

Edited by rhubear