2 days ago I purchased and downloaded Premium software. Today I find out that there is an Aussie Kaspersky site selling the same thing for $15 less and inquired as to a refund I was told to cancel what I have and but a new subscription and, apparently, I will just have everything the same with out having to re load all the info and passwords. Is this right? Has anyone done this? I don’t see how it can be correct?

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Suema said:

2 days ago I purchased and downloaded Premium software. Today I find out that there is an Aussie Kaspersky site selling the same thing for $15 less and inquired as to a refund I was told to cancel what I have and but a new subscription and, apparently, I will just have everything the same with out having to re load all the info and passwords. Is this right? Has anyone done this? I don’t see how it can be correct?

Hello @Suema

Welcome!

1. Firstly, the advice you received - "I was told" - who was it from? 
  2. Regarding: "re load all the info and passwords", please explain this more clearly - reload info - where? Passwords - where - into Kaspersky Password Manager application - somewhere else?  
  3. IF (you've) already created a KPM vault - you need to create a KPM backup before making any changes & OR cancelling anything:                                  image.thumb.png.ce0244ad18354086b8d2056f954ea31a.png
  4. IF (you) buy a *new* subscription - for that subscription to work in place of the *existing* subscription, the email address (you) used for the *existing* subscription & the *new* subscription must be the same
  5. When (you) install the *new* software (you) must sign into the Kaspersky applications with the *same* email address. 
  6. IF (you) ever forget the KPM *Master* password - Kaspersky cannot help - the *Master* password is not recoverable - do not loose it & or do not forget it. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Resource:

How to request a refund?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added resource

Hi - thanks for the reply. I talked to customer service and was told there is no such thing as a partial refund hence the cancellation and repurchase. I was told that as long as I used my current passwords and email the new subscription would have all my info. I have backed up the passwords etc but I felt wary of doing the cancel/repurchase as I couldn’t see how everything would just be there with no rein out of details by me. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Suema said:
  1. I talked to customer service and was told there is no such thing as a partial refund hence the cancellation and repurchase.
  2. I was told that as long as I used my current passwords and email the new subscription would have all my info.
  3. I have backed up the passwords etc but I felt wary of doing the cancel/repurchase as I couldn’t see how everything would just be there with no rein out of details by me

Hello @Suema

You're most welcome!

Thank you for the information. 

CS are correct, there is no "partial refund"; from the date of purchase there's a 30-day money-back guarantee. 

Because you're simply cancelling the *existing* Premium subscription & buying a *new* Premium subscription - you are not changing anything - you're not purchasing a subscription with *less* features - for example - Kaspersky Standard - so the *switch* is the same - BUT - it's essential to use (your) *original* email address & password - for:

(Your) *new* subscription.

(Your) MyKaspersky account. 

When (you) sign into the Premium AV. 

When (you) sign into the Premium Password Manager (not using the Master password). 

When (you) sign into the Premium VPN. 

----

Sorry, but we're not familiar with this expression, "no rein out of details by me" ... 

IF this was *our* problem, we'd purchase the *new* subscription *before* cancelling the *original*, then contact customer service & ask then to cancel & refund the *original* & make sure the *new* subscription was in place; also, as the holder of a PREMIUM subscription, (you) have access to:  Premium Support Services, Expert Installation Services.

Also, READ: How your subscription works

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Thanks 1

Thank you- I’ve read your suggestions before asking the forum and I also discussed this with customer services.  I will think on it a bit more before a new subscription and cancellation of my current one - both are/will be Premium - as I don’t really want to go through setups of 2 iPhones, 1 iPad and my laptop if I can help it. I have made a copy of the passwords just in case. Still not understanding how I can cancel my current sub, initiate a new one and everything is still there working ok as long as the email and passwords to the system and vault are the same as my original ones used. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Suema said:

I will think on it a bit more before a new subscription and cancellation of my current one - both are/will be Premium - as I don’t really want to go through setups of 2 iPhones, 1 iPad and my laptop if I can help it.

I have made a copy of the passwords just in case.

Still not understanding how I can cancel my current sub, initiate a new one and everything is still there working ok as long as the email and passwords to the system and vault are the same as my original ones used. 

Hello @Suema

You're most welcome!

There's no rush, proceed when you are ready. 

It's important to make the changes in the correct sequence, that's why we recommend (you) engage Customer Service when you're ready to proceed. 

The Premium subscription & applications are not changing, (you're) not buying a *new* subscription with less features, you're proposing to buy an identical subscription because it's more economical  - so the only thing that's changing is (your) MyKaspersky account will reflect a *new* Premium subscription, with a *new* License number. 

IF this was our problem, as well as the previous advice we'd ensure that the laptop was the FIRST device we connected to the *new* subscription & given you're unsure, we'd engage CS for the process. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋