Redragon mouse software detection as Trojan

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello, I am not very good with computers so please be patient.

I ran virus check on Kaspersky Internet Security last night (07/04/2021), and Trojan-Spy.Win32.Xegumumune.gua was found

In downloads folder setup.exe of Redragon Wired Gaming mouse program I downloaded from my mouse manufacturers site for new mouse on 23/11/2020.

I have two concerns. First, how do I determine how much damage has been done to my computer system and personal information such as bank details, credit card etc.

and second, why did it take Kaspersky Internet Protection so long to detect this.

I am using WIN 10 64 bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.867)

Kaspersky Internet Protection Application Version 21.2.16.590

I am not here to complain, I have used Kaspersky for many years without a problem. I would just like to fix this issue.

Thank you for your time

Rhys

• Solution

Hello, I am not very good with computers so please be patient.
I ran virus check on Kaspersky Internet Security last night (07/04/2021), Trojan-Spy.Win32.Xegumumune.gua. in downloads folder setup.exe of Redragon Wired Gaming mouse program, was found. 
I downloaded from my mouse manufacturers site for new mouse on 23/11/2020. 
I have two concerns:
1. Why did it take Kaspersky Internet Protection so long to detect this.
2. How do I determine how much damage has been done to my computer system and personal information such as bank details, credit card etc.

WIN 10 64 bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.867)
KIS  21.2.16.590

Hello @Rhys 
Welcome!

• Complaining can be good, if it's rational & in context, do not worry. 
  • Do not worry about not being good with computers, we'll help as much as we can! 
  1. It may be a false positive or not? 
  2. redragonzone may have updated the software, what was released in Nov 2020, may have changed. 
  3. Kaspersky may have updated information, that has "reclassified" the software: TROJAN-SPY.WIN32.XEGUMUMUNE,

Tell us please: 

1. From redragonzone which mouse download was selected? 
  2. Scan the detected file using Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal, screen print the result & share with us, AND, select Submit to reanalyze, enter your email address & comments, from the KIS Reports, select Send, the file will be analyzed by the Kaspersky Virus Lab. 
  3. Go to KIS Reports, find the Trojan-Spy.Win32.Xegumumune.gua detections, SAVE the report as a text file, attach📎 to your reply please? 
  4. edit: additional: KIS is up to version 21.3, we suggest you uninstall 21.2, save License information ONLY, do not save any other option → at the end of the uninstall, make sure the PC is shutdown, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login. 
  5. Check the system for any Software conflicts
  6. Download KIS 21.3
  7. Install 21.3 →  at the end of the install, make sure the PC is shutdown, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login. 
  8. Check & make sure patch(a) has been updated? 
  9. Run a manual Database update.
  10. Run a manual Full scan → allow it to complete.
  11. Recheck Redragon Wired Gaming mouse program detection issue? 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Thank you very much Flood.

I have done the above. I did make an error though, as I removed old version of Kaspersky for the new one and forgot to save the report. I apologise for this.

This may sound silly but is there any chance that the file did not originally contain a Trojan but had an instruction to download one at a later time?

Thanks

Rhys

Hello @Rhys

You’re most welcome☺ !

No apology necessary, let’s take stock:

1. May we know, from redragonzone which mouse software download was originally selected? 
  2. Was step 2. Scan the detected file using Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal, done & was there a screen print of the result? 
  3. Steps 4 to 11 were all completely successfully → correct? 
  • The “download a trojan at a later time” is unlikely, Redragon are reputable, with a lot to loose. 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello,

Thank you all very much for your help responding. I am sorry I have not responded sooner I have been busy with work and away from PC.

I thought I had attached sorry Flood. Will try again.

The download information is below, I have attached a screenshot. Hopefully this is correct. Steps 4 through 11 were completed thanks.

Bery what do you mean by specs? The mouse is a Redragon M908 IMPACT RGB LED MMO Mouse Laser Wired Gaming Mouse with 12,400DPI, High Precision. Is this what you mean?

The download was from https://www.redragonzone.com/pages/download was REDRAGON_Wired_Gaming_Mouse.rar.

I will send you a message as requested thank you Anton.

Thank you again all of you for all your help. ☺

Rhys