Recent Update of Internet Security 20 Hangs Windows 7 Upon KIS Launch

Hello,

I am running Windows 7 and Internet Security 2020.  Last week, following a product update, I noticed that the launching of KIS at startup hung my PC - just after connectig to Wi-Fi.  I uninstalled and re-installed, and this helped for a couple of re-boots, however, as soon as the new installation was updated, the hanging returned.  I have to hard power-off my PC and turn on again, and it will work.  I have had zero issues previously.  The last update was Adobe Acroba Reader DC on 18th August 2020.

Any ideas would be welcomed.

Thanks

Hello Berny,

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

Please see attached the GSI Log, as requested.  I hope it helps.  I took the scan after one hanging event, followed by a hard re-start and a successful boot-up about five minutes later.

https://www.getsysteminfo.com/report/f4922642acf966a1012be3c658e8c12c

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

HanSolo111

@HanSolo111You are welcome.

Your free disk  space on your “C” partition is around 10% , to function normally an OS needs 15% free space. 

Please try to free up some space on you hard drive.
Also , it is recommended to have 15% free space to proceed with a defragmentation.
Additionally , please take care to backup your personal files

Good morning, Berny,

Many thanks for your reply.

Lack of disk space is not the issue, as I have been running at 5% for at least one year without any issues.

Further, holding down the SHIFT key to bypass Windows startup routines allows the PC to boot-up normally, so there is certainly something in loading Kaspersky that is hanging my PC.

Many thanks

Good evening, Berny, 

I would certainly love to install KIS 2021.  That was the first solution I tried.  However, I have tried twice to update my installation via your website, but it only installs my current 2020 version.  Is there somewhere I can download an offline version of KIS 2021?

Many thanks