Question about the Secret Vault

I would like to know if, in case of a creation of a vault, if I format my computer I lose the vault? Or is there a way I can save him?

I suppose it has something to do with the "I already have a vault" function in the app, maybe save the vault somewhere and in that function load it?

10 hours ago, S1NK said:
  • I would like to know if, in case of a (1) creation of a vault, (2) if I format my computer I lose the vault? Or is there a way I can save him?

I suppose it has something to do with the "I already have a vault" function in the app, maybe save the vault somewhere and in that function load it?

Hello @S1NK

1. Read this, regarding the *Vault*
  2. *If I format my computer I lose the vault?* -> *Save the Vault to external media AND test that the Vault restores & can be accessed - prior to formatting the system

The documentation states: 

"If, when removing Kaspersky application, in the Save the following data on this computer for reuse window, the Operational settings of the application check box is cleared and the Secret Vault check box is selected, the next time you install the current or future version of Kaspersky application, you will need to add the secret vaults manually by clicking the I already have a secret vault link in the Secret Vault link in the Secret Vault window."

When the system is restored & the Kaspersky application is run, the app should recognise the Vault & if the password is correct - open the Vault. 

Note the Kaspersky documented advice:

"If the Kaspersky app from the original system & on the new system are *different*: "Sometimes opening secret vaults created in other Kaspersky applications can require converting the secret vaults from the old format to the new format. When you try to open a secret vault in Kaspersky application interface, Kaspersky application will suggest conversion if necessary. Secret vault conversion to the new format can take a long time depending on the secret vault size."

👉Golden rule numero uno - backup, backup, backup - there can *never* be too many backups & 👉2nd golden rule - *test* all backups. 

Resources:

Secret Vault

Any questions, please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Question about the Secret Vault