Question about Kaspersky Plus renewal & Protected Devices

Hi, I'm wondering a couple things. My Kaspersky Plus subscription is going to run out within a week and I have to cancel the subscription (so auto renewal will stop). I'm going to manually renew Kaspersky Plus. I have two protected devices, both are computers that have Kaspersky Plus already installed on them and are both covered by the current subscription (shown in my "devices"). My question is, If I renew the subscription will I have to re-link or perhaps, redownload Kaspersky plus entirely to cover both of my devices again? Thanks!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AndrewK said:
  1. My Kaspersky Plus subscription is going to run out within a week and I have to cancel the subscription (so auto renewal will stop).
  • I'm going to manually renew Kaspersky Plus.
  • I have two protected devices, both are computers that have Kaspersky Plus already installed on them and are both covered by the current subscription (shown in my "devices").

2. If I renew the subscription will I have to re-link or perhaps, redownload Kaspersky plus entirely to cover both of my devices again? 

Hello @AndrewK

Welcome!

1. A tip for cancelling auto-renewal, IF there's no option available in your MyKaspersky account, contact Kaspersky Customer Service, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - fill in the template as shown below; there's also a guide but most people find the quickest way is via KCS: How to cancel auto-renewal?
  2. No. IF (you) purchase a *new* subscription from a Kaspersky website, (a) it will *activate* when the payment is made; (b) it will have a License code - not an Activation code - the License code will be sent directly to (your) MyKaspersky account, (c) Auto-renewal will be ON; (d) make sure (you) are signed into the Kaspersky Plus application with the same email address as (you) use for (your) MyKaspersky account so the Kaspersky Plus app & the *new* License synchronise; IF the *new* subscription is purchased from a physical store OR a 3rd-pty-merchant - i.e. non-Kaspersky, there will be an Activation code; the software can be activated when you decide - again there's a guide: Where to buy a renewal code for a Kaspersky application.
  3. IF, for any reason (you) do need to download a fresh Kaspersky Plus, do so from here: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product

image.thumb.png.9436ef76e2e320f8171825cfabfa16d8.png

Any issues or concerns please post back? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar
  • Like 1