procedure for using KSC for software deployment

Hi,

We utilize KSC 11 for deploying KNA and KES 11.2 as well as some windows 10 updates to an important number of workstations. We also have another AV solution that was installed in several machines and I would like to configure a deployment for uninstall it from most of them in one go.

I would think that the process to uninstall would be opposite but similar what needs to be configured for an automatic software deployment. 

Thanks.

Hello @rafa_64,

there is a built-in task called “Uninstall application remotely”:

New task wizard → KSC → Advanced​​​​​

Inside this task, you can then choose, what app you want to uninstall. If it’s another AV, I’d try to go for incompatible application:

Let me know, if it works for you ;)

Cheers,
Milan

Thanks Milan. Is it there a way to add different versions of the incompatible application? In the list I don’t see the specific one I am looking for. The app I want to remove varies from Malwarebytes V 3.6 to 3.7.1

Thanks,

Use “Uninstall application from application registry” instead, it will offer all applications you have in your network (i.e. on machines managed by KSC) and you should be able to pick your version of Malwarebytes app. Probably versions 3.6+ are considered compatible by Kaspersky.

Alternatively, you can write your own uninstall script (e.g. .cmd) and “install” it as an application to target devices.