Problems with IIS and Kaspersky

Hello,

We have been using Kaspersky within our company for 2 weeks and I have provided various servers with the agent and the software.

I don't notice any problems on a normal server, but when I grab a server that runs web environments, IIS goes completely crazy causing problems for customers.

Is there a known solution for this or are there several people experiencing these problems?

I like to hear it,

Yours sincerely,

Stan

Hi @StanAsterisque,

what products/versions are you using? Did you install Kaspersky Security for Windows Servers on that hosts? That’s the recommended version on server OS. I’d start with that 🤠

Cheers,
Milan

Hello @MilanBortel ,

Thanks for your reaction. 

On our DC we use Kaspersky Security Center 12 version 12.2.0.4376.

That's right, I installed the Network Agent (12.2.0.4376) and  Kaspersky Security for Windows Server (11.0.1.897) on the hosts. 

It wasn't every server that caused problems either. On some servers IIS used 98/99% cpu usage. As a result, our customers experience slowness . When I removed Kaspersky from the host, the problem was solved. However, I have not created any special tasks that might cause problems.

Is this a known issue? I hope you can help me further.

Yours sincerely,

Stan

Hi @StanAsterisque,

I have no info about this being a known issue.. To be honest, as with any other AV vendor, there are typical scenarios we deal with - Kaspersky is blocking this and that.. Kaspersky thinks this is a malicious app, but it’s not - it is our internal tool … so of course, we have to be able to work it out somehow 🤕

To resolve this, I’d recommend simple test - let KSWS run on the affected server, but use policy settings to switch off/on one module after other and see if the CPU usage has decreased or not.. In other words - try to identify which component/task might be the cause..

Once we know the specific module, then we can optimize the policy, you know.. 🤓

Cheers,
Milan