Problems installing KES on Android with Google MDM [MOVED]

Go to solution Solved by learning_fast,

Anyone else having problems installing KES 11 for Android on to a mobile that is running Google Mobile Device Management?

I email the installation instructions. Clicking on the url which takes me to the Google Play Store and the Endpoint Security installs. However when I open the Endpoint security app and accept the notifications the server settings screen does not populate. I am left with blank or default settings.

I tried entering these manually from the email and comparing with another working device but it was not seen on the cloud console. 

Our install method has not change for several years and rearely add devices so it must be something in Android or Kaspersky in the last 6 months or so. I am getting this on multiple devices now.

//Mod Note: moved to the correct section.

Additional note:-

If I do manually enter the Synchronisation settings:

server, group [copied from working device as mobile]  and email [for specific user] and do continue I get the message “Failed to synchronise with the administration server. Try again or contact the administrator”

Should I be able to manually enter these parameters or does so API magic happen when clicking on the link or scanning the QR code?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution

Since my post I have found a work around to this issue.

I now use a standalone google account to do the initial setup including Kaspersky install. I then add the g-suite account which has device management. The Kaspersky installs works ok populating the server information and continues to work after device management has kicked in. I see this as a work around rather than a permanent solution - probably more work for me on our device management./ deployment strategy than a specific Kaspersky bug. I guess the post might be of interest to someone.

• 10 months later...

Since my post I have found a work around to this issue.

I now use a standalone google account to do the initial setup including Kaspersky install. I then add the g-suite account which has device management. The Kaspersky installs works ok populating the server information and continues to work after device management has kicked in. I see this as a work around rather than a permanent solution - probably more work for me on our device management./ deployment strategy than a specific Kaspersky bug. I guess the post might be of interest to someone.

Hello bro, I have the same problem on the Moto G7, the server information is not filled in automatically, I compared it with another one that was filled in after several attempts. but also of failure. can you help me?