Problem with Rescue Disk on Samsung 900X - black screen

P_P

Hello,

I have a problem trouble running Rescue Disk on my Samsung 900X laptop.

A black screen appears when I choose:
- Graphic mode
- Limited graphic mode
- Hardware Info

Therefore, I cannot attach the "Hardware Info" report. I attach the graphics card model in the form of a screenshot.

How to solve this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I repeat my answer. Is there a chance to run KRD utility on this laptop?

I think that is not possible. At least I’ve never seen something like this. I guess your laptop is too old for that now. 

Unfortunately, I cannot agree with this answer. The laptop is not old. The customer tested the KRD on much older laptops and the tool worked properly. If we assume that this laptop is too old, it must be borne in mind that most customers in a country such as Poland will not be able to use this solution - many people use much older devices. I repeat the question - does anyone know the solution to this problem?

Hi, @P_P !

Paragon - Linux Ubuntu 14.04 - the program works
Parted Magic - System Linux Slacware 14.2 - the program works only in text mode 

I’ll try to compare linux configs from this LiveCDs with KRD linux config. It ssems that something is disabled in KRD config...

Thank you, waiting for your reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, @P_P !

Paragon - Linux Ubuntu 14.04 - the program works
Parted Magic - System Linux Slacware 14.2 - the program works only in text mode 

I’ll try to compare linux configs from this LiveCDs with KRD linux config. It ssems that something is disabled in KRD config...

Have you checked the configuration?

Hi, @P_P!

Fresh PartedMagic 2021_05_12 has lastest available Linux kernel 5.12 (for comparing KRD has linux kernel 4.9) - there are so many changes to comparing config parameters.

Free version of Paragon Hard Disk Manager 17 doesn’t allow to create linux bases Rescue Kit (only WinPe based)…

It seems that we need to update linux kernel in KRD to fresher version.

• 1 month later...

Can you determine when the KRD kernel upgrade will take place?

I don’t know exactly, but it’s possible that it will be in this year.

Do you have new information ?. Further versions of the KRD are planned and you can specify the time of their publication?

• 1 month later...

Can you determine when the KRD kernel upgrade will take place?

I don’t know exactly, but it’s possible that it will be in this year.

I repeat the question, is there a high probability that the KRD will be published this year?