Problem with License Activation Site - Kaspersky Free Cloud, no access to my Kaspersky site is the error.

Hi,

Today I installed Kaspersky Free Cloud on a second computer and each time I try to enter my email address and password it fails to activate - no access to my Kaspersky site is the error. If I look at the My.Kaspersky portal it is showing up with a red cross.  I removed it from there and tried again but now it does not even add it to  the portal.

I have check proxy servers, internet access and even logged on to my.kaspersky from Edge - all is well with everything else and its a newish machine with no malware.

I did a chat with support but coz its the free version they refused to chat to me.  Told me to try later.  

Bit poor to be honest.  

If I were evaluating for a possible purchase how do they think this would make me feel!!  I would go elsewhere perhaps.

To Kaspersky Management.  You need a rethink here.  A Free user is a potential paying customer of the future.  Treat him well at the beginning and he will be loyal treat him badly and let him down and he will go to Avast or Bitdefender :-)

Just saying!!

I did a chat with support but coz its the free version they refused to chat to me.  Told me to try later.  

Bit poor to be honest.  

If I were evaluating for a possible purchase how do they think this would make me feel!!  I would go elsewhere perhaps.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I will try again later. This is the first time I have this problem. I assume a good way to manage this is to keep all customers informed the authentication system has  a problem instead let us waste time into the forum…

Hi,

Today I installed Kaspersky Free Cloud on a second computer and each time I try to enter my email address and password it fails to activate - no access to my Kaspersky site is the error. If I look at the My.Kaspersky portal it is showing up with a red cross.  I removed it from there and tried again but now it does not even add it to  the portal.

I have check proxy servers, internet access and even logged on to my.kaspersky from Edge - all is well with everything else and its a newish machine with no malware.

it’s same for me today;

impossible to activate KSC beta version;

Hello @appache,

Welcome!

Please provide:

1. Operating system name? version? build?
  2. KSC “Beta” version? & patch(x)? x=letter
  3. Images of the error? 

And details, for example:

• Is this the first time any Kaspersky software has been installed?
  • Were system, hardware & software compatability check done before installing KSC “Beta”?
  • Steps (you’ve) taken: to prepare system, install software, recover from the issue. 
  • Where was the “Beta” software installed from?
  • At what point is the “Beta” activation failing?
  • Is it KSC Free or KSC “Beta”? 

Please post back?

Thank you

• Just as FYI,  there is no Technical Support for any Free & or Beta Kaspersky Software

I agree.  To date I have not been very pleased or impressed with official Kaspersky support.  

Hello again  @smipx,

Welcome!

You can always install a trial version of Kaspersky AV Premium software, during the trial period there is technical support. 

The trial period is long enough for any potential customer to sort out any issues and make an evalualtion of the software and technical support.

Thank you. 

• 4 months later...

I agree.  To date I have not been very pleased or impressed with official Kaspersky support.  

Can confirm this as a paying customer… 

Continuously having sync issues with KPM Password Manager…  (just as one example).

Support on 1st level keeps you busy with querying information, no feedback, referring to updates that are not yet available - and perhaps update solves it or not - often you wind up logging similar issue over again, when a new update has not resolved… very time consuming, for me as a paying user, who feels more like a UA-Test User.. while paying for their services.