Pegasus Spyware

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

With the News frequently reporting on Pegasus Spyware that seems to be able to infiltrate a device by a simple text or missed call, does Kaspersky Internet Security for Android detect Pegasus Spyware or other elusive spyware/stalkerware? (Obviously there is no app or APK installed). 

If so, how does it detect it.  If not, is there any way of having Kaspersky detect it in the future?

As far as I am aware, the only way to detect it is via a tool by Project Mobile Verification. 

@AndroidUser Welcome.

Please see this important Topic from @Danila T. 

Link

Thank you, and I did read it before posting but that thread is locked. 

"We detect this threat on Android devices as HEUR:Trojan-Spy.AndroidOS.Pegasus". 

So to clarify, Kaspersky knows to scan for pegasus even though it is not an app or APK? I would like to hear an explanation or for someone to elaborate on it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hello,

It was first known about the ability of Pegasus to infiltrate a device by a simple text or missed call using exploits in 2019. It is called zero-click attack when there is no interaction with user when installing the malware. However it doesn't mean that is it a fileless malware. Android products can detect known android versions of Pegasus with antivirus engine as HEUR:Trojan-Spy.AndroidOS.Pegasus.
As for iOS, Kaspersky Security Cloud for iOS is equipped with anti-phishing and anti-malware which protect traffic. We categorize DNS requests from the system and if they lead to phishing or malware domains, the product detects and blocks them. If the domains that Pegasus is associated with are classified as malicious, Kaspersky Security Cloud will detect and block these requests.