Password manager won't open [MOVED]

I was using KTS20, and the password manager (PM) wouldn’t open. Today, I uninstalled KTS20, rebooted and installed KTS21 along with PM. The PM now opens in Windows 10 Home Admin Account and works perfectly (as far as I can tell). However, it still won’t open in Windows 10 Standard Account. 

So, before getting into all the GSI stuff, is there something I’m not doing or need to be doing to get it to open in the std account?

Thanks 

Hello @SAJFLADD,

Welcome back!

1. When “KPM won’t open in Windows 10 Standard Account” are there any errors?
  2. May we have images please? 
  3. Have you uninstalled KPM, including a full Shutdown of the device; independent of KTS and clean installed KPM? If “no”, make sure you ⚠backup KPM before doing so⚠

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @SAJFLADD,

Welcome back!

1. When “KPM won’t open in Windows 10 Standard Account” are there any errors?
  2. May we have images please? 
  3. Have you uninstalled KPM, including a full Shutdown of the device; independent of KTS and clean installed KPM? If “no”, make sure you ⚠backup KPM before doing so⚠

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

So,  I’ve uninstalled password manager (PM).

Rebooted.

Selected PM from the GUI. Was presented with an install link – clicked and installed – no error messages.

Installation completed – program appears in control panel > programs and features, and a shortcut is placed on the desktop.

Then, clicking on either that desktop shortcut or Kaspersky PM in the start menu, does nothing, the program just won’t start/open.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

My Password manager is not opening. When I try to open it through the normal Kaspersky settings it tell me “Service not responding. Error: unable to start service. Error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated wit it”.

Its strange because normally it opens at every start up and one day it just stopped. 

Can anybody help.

Thanks

Hello @Fefo88

Welcome!

1. Has the PC been shutdown & restarted since the “Service not responding. Error: unable to start service. Error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it “  errors appeared? 
  2. Are there any Windows Updates that have failed or are waiting to be applied? 
  3. Log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, follow the template below as a guideline, include a GSI & Windows Logs. If the issue is urgent, on the Contacts page, select your Location, select Application Use, then select from: Phone (not available all locations), Online Chat (not available all locations)

The Support Team normally respond within 24 to 48 hours, by sending an email, the Subject line will have the INC # you’ve created, you may continue to communicate with Support via email; if there is no response from you in 7 days, Support will email you & advise they are closing the INC. 

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

...it still won’t open in Windows 10 Standard Account. 

... is there something … need to be doing to get it to open in the std account?

Hi @SAJFLADD
Try this:

1. Backup KPM. 
  2. Uninstall KPM
  3. Delete the following folders:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Password Manager 9.0.2\
    C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Password Manager\
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Password Manager *
    *(put your username instead of <username>)
  4. Install KPM anew. 

Regards,

Igor

...it still won’t open in Windows 10 Standard Account. 

... is there something … need to be doing to get it to open in the std account?

Hi @SAJFLADD
Try this:

1. Backup KPM. 
  2. Uninstall KPM
  3. Delete the following folders:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Password Manager 9.0.2\
    C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Password Manager\
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Password Manager *
    *(put your username instead of <username>)
  4. Install KPM anew. 

Regards,

Igor

Hi

Thanks, but Kasp techs sorted the problem a few days ago.

S

Hi there SAJFLADD.

I’ve had the same problem with Password Manager and so far the Tech guys haven’t been able to crack the issue.  What was it they did to help you?

I’ve uninstalled and re-installed but problem continues.

I’ve provided Techs with activity files that were requested.

The only way I can get PM to work is uninstall / reinstall every time I log in! Not helpful.

Any tips or even the Tech Guy that helped you would most useful.

Hi,

Remember that these steps were because I couldn’t run KPM in Windows 10 Home Standard account (whereas it would run in the Admin account). The following were the instructions:

Please try the steps below:

A. Access your Online vault via my.kaspersky.com and see if all your entries/records are there.

B.Uninstall Kaspersky Password Manager via Control Panel without saving any settings.

Step #1
Uninstall any previous Kaspersky software.

Important:During the uninstallation process the program will ask if you would like to save the license data. Please leave that option un-ticked.

1.Place the pointer of your mouse on top of the “Start” button and right click on it.
2.From the menu that will appear select “Apps and Features”
3.A new window will come up and a list will be populated.
4.Locate the program(s) you want to remove *the list is alphabetical,in your case Kaspersky Password Manager and then select Uninstall.
5.Follow the directions on the screen.

A reboot might be required. If so, do that.

C.Exit from KPM, rename folder C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Password Manager\. And C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Password Manager\

with Kaspersky Password Manager_renamed

Start KPM.

If you receive any kind of error perform the deletion in safe mode:
Please reboot your computer into safe mode, a detailed 'How to' guide can be found here: http://support.kaspersky.com/general/various/493

If you need to see hidden files In Windows 10 : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028316/windows-view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10

D.Re-install Kaspersky Password Manager and try to login back to My Kaspersky account.

I carried out these steps and now KPM works a treat in the Std account.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

S

MOD: Edit

Update: a fix of this issue is expected in patch “m”. 

Patch “m” is scheduled to roll out from 18th of September till October 6th. 

Thanks for the heads up.

The sooner this happens the better as despite the advice, and fixes, detailed above….. the problem still persists.